Product Marketing Manager
Burlingame, CA or Remote /
At Framework, we believe the time has come for consumer electronics products that are designed to last. Founded in San Francisco in 2019, our mission is to empower you with great products you can easily customize, upgrade, and repair, increasing longevity and reducing e-waste in the process.
Our first product is the Framework Laptop, a thin, lightweight, high-performance 13.5” notebook that can be upgraded, customized, and repaired in ways that no other notebook can. To support this, we're also standing up a marketplace to enable an ecosystem of new, used, and refurbished products and modules.
We come from successful consumer electronics startups including the founding team of Oculus and e-commerce companies, and we’re funded to fulfill our mission. We care deeply about building a diverse and inclusive team, and we hope you do too!
We’re looking for a Product Marketing Manager to be a foundational member of Framework’s growing team as we bring a bold new promise to market in an exciting and competitive consumer electronics category. This role is responsible for developing and executing on the customer-facing marketing strategy and plans required to support our brand goals and the launch of our unique new products. This role will work collaboratively with engineering and design to invent and evaluate new products and features, distilling our differentiated value propositions into compelling customer-facing narratives, supported by insightful user and market research. As an early member of our marketing team, this role has the potential for enormous impact.
- Build our product marketing strategy and contribute to our overall go-to-market effort
- Develop user and market research initiatives; build customer personas and audience segmentations
- Create compelling customer-facing narratives around our products that resonate with our audiences; bring them to reality with our internal design team members and external creative partners
- Work with design and engineering team members on scoping and developing differentiated products and functionality
- Collaborate with finance, operations, and marketplace teams on pricing strategies
- Help to grow our marketing team as we continue to scale our efforts in Framework
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in marketing, business, or a technical field
- 3+ years of experience in consumer electronics product marketing
- A desire and ability to wear multiple hats in the early stages of a company, including taking on slices of brand, comms, and growth marketing prior to there being dedicated people in those roles
- Enthusiasm to start fresh with a clean sheet of paper, bringing new thinking in a bold new category to craft effective and efficient marketing plans
- Inventiveness, curiosity, and a passion for building products that people love
- Previous experience in an early-stage startup or in standing up a new product segment
- Familiarity with direct to consumer e-commerce product marketing
- Experience developing and marketing products to international audiences
What we offer
- Competitive salary, equity, and health benefits
- Flexible work hours and locations
- The chance to be an early member of Framework's team and to shape our brand and product strategy
- The opportunity to work at a startup that is fixing a major industry