Burlingame, CA or Remote /
Product and Marketing /
At Framework, we believe the time has come for products that are designed to last. Founded in San Francisco in 2019, our mission is to remake Consumer Electronics to respect people and the planet.
Our first product is the Framework Laptop, a thin, lightweight, high-performance 13.5” notebook that can be upgraded, customized, and repaired in ways that no other notebook can. To support this, we've also launched the Framework Marketplace to enable an ecosystem of parts and modules. We've seen a fantastic reception to our first product from customers and reviewers from outlets like Linus Tech Tips, Ars Technica, and Wirecutter, along with landing on the cover of TIME's Best Inventions of 2021.
We come from successful consumer electronics startups including the founding team of Oculus, and we’re funded to fulfill our mission. We care deeply about building a diverse and inclusive team, and we hope you do too!
We’re looking for a Growth Manager to be a foundational member of Framework’s growing team as we bring a bold new promise to market in an exciting and competitive consumer electronics category. This role is responsible for developing and executing on the customer-facing growth, e-commerce optimization, and performance marketing strategy and plans required to support our goals and the launch of our unique new products. We’re building ethical consumer electronics products, with a focus on sustainability, privacy, transparency, and user ownership over their devices. This means we have uniquely savvy and skeptical audiences who chafe at traditional growth techniques. We’re looking for someone who is excited to explore and experiment with creative, customer-friendly tactics. As an early member of our marketing team, this role has the potential for enormous impact.
This is a remote position open to anywhere within the US. #LI-Remote
- Lead the overall growth strategy around our consumer product sales and marketplace
- Analyze customer and market needs to help drive roadmap and product strategy
- Own a significant slice of the overall Framework marketing budget for running performance marketing campaigns
- Work with our web development and design lead to define metrics, build analytics, run A/B tests, and optimize the overall e-commerce experience
- Collaborate with finance, operations, and marketplace teams on pricing and sales strategies
- Help to grow our growth and marketing teams as we continue to scale our efforts in Framework
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in marketing, business, computer science, or another technical field
- 3+ years of experience in consumer goods growth management
- Expertise with analytics and data modeling, including tools and programming languages like Python or SQL
- Experience with digital marketing across social media, email, search, and display advertising
- A desire and ability to wear multiple hats in the early stages of a company, including taking on slices of performance marketing and e-commerce product management prior to there being dedicated people in those roles
- Enthusiasm to start fresh with a clean sheet of paper, bringing new thinking in a bold new category to craft effective and efficient growth plans
- Inventiveness, curiosity, and a passion for building products that people love
- Previous experience in an early-stage startup or in standing up a new consumer product segment
- Expertise with consumer electronics products
- Familiarity with direct to consumer e-commerce growth and performance marketing
- Experience driving growth across international audiences
What we offer
- Competitive salary, equity, and health benefits
- Flexible work hours and locations
- The chance to be an early member of Framework's team and to shape our brand and product strategy
- The opportunity to work at a startup that is fixing a major industry