Office Manager & Executive Admin
San Francisco /
At Framework, we believe the time has come for products that are designed to last. Founded in San Francisco in 2019, our mission is to remake Consumer Electronics to respect people and the planet.
Our first product is the Framework Laptop, a thin, light, high-performance notebook that can be upgraded, customized, and repaired in ways that no other notebook can. Alongside this, we've launched the Framework Marketplace to enable an ecosystem of parts and modules. We've seen a fantastic reception to our first product from customers and reviewers from outlets like Linus Tech Tips, Ars Technica, and Wirecutter, along with landing on the cover of TIME's Best Inventions of 2021. As a company, we made #35 on Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies of 2022.
We come from successful consumer electronics startups including the founding team of Oculus, and we recently closed an $18M Series A fundraising round to fuel our roadmap. Even better (and maybe unusually for an early stage startup), we're in a financially healthy position going forward off of our product revenue. We care deeply about building a diverse and inclusive team, and we hope you do too!
We're hiring the first member of the team dedicated to making the company itself amazing, enabling us to deliver on our mission. This role is a combination of Office Manager and Executive Admin, taking on managing our San Francisco, Long Beach, Taipei, and virtual remote offices, planning our quarterly workshops, fostering a positive and inclusive culture, and working with Framework's CEO on keeping the company running smoothly.
We're a remote-first team, but this role is local to our new San Francisco headquarters and will be in office 1-3 days a week.
- Planning our quarterly in-person workshops and other internal events
- Envisioning and rolling out design, furnishing, and perks improvements to our San Francisco, Taipei, and Long Beach offices as well improvements to the remote working experience
- Managing vendors for events, maintenance, leasing, and supplies
- Working with our Finance team on budgets for events and offices
- Coordinating major internal and external meetings and welcoming visitors
- Taking on ad hoc tasks and projects from the CEO to keep Framework running smoothly
- Helping build an inclusive and positive team culture
- 3+ years of experience as an office manager or executive administrator or assistant, ideally in a tech company
- Familiarity with managing office facilities and communicating with landlords and service providers
- Excellence at working in a self-driven and self-directed manner on tasks and projects
- Ability to multi-task seamlessly
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organization abilities, with familiarity in collaborative shared document editing
- A passion for environmentalism and/or DIY
- Prior startup experience
- Experience in complex events planning
- Background in recruiting coordination
- Familiarity with working with international teams
- Working knowledge of Mandarin
What we offer
- Platinum health insurance and dental/vision insurance
- Competitive salary and equity
- 401k with matching
- Flexible work hours, including every other Friday off!
- The opportunity to build and grow a startup that is fixing a major industry
- Internal growth opportunities