United States /
At Framework, we believe the time has come for products that are designed to last. Founded in San Francisco in 2019, our mission is to remake Consumer Electronics to respect people and the planet.
Our first product is the Framework Laptop, a thin, light, high-performance notebook that can be upgraded, customized, and repaired in ways that no other notebook can. Alongside this, we've launched the Framework Marketplace to enable an ecosystem of parts and modules. We've seen a fantastic reception to our first product from customers and reviewers from outlets like Linus Tech Tips, Ars Technica, and Wirecutter, along with landing on the cover of TIME's Best Inventions of 2021. As a company, we made #35 on Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies of 2022.
We come from successful consumer electronics startups including the founding team of Oculus, and we recently closed an $18M Series A fundraising round to fuel our roadmap. Even better (and maybe unusually for an early stage startup), we're in a financially healthy position going forward off of our product revenue. We care deeply about building a diverse and inclusive team, and we hope you do too!
We are looking for a Freelance Designer to help create design assets across digital, packaging, and hardware. The ideal candidate is systems-focused, detail-oriented and has the ability to present complex ideas through sketches or lo-fi renders. A huge plus to candidates having prior knowledge and experience with sustainable or green packaging materials.
Framework is a remote-first team, and this contract role is open to any location in Taiwan or the US.
- Collaborate closely with our vendors and various internal departments, such as our visual and industrial designers, engineers, and product managers
- Plan, sketch, and prototype ideas and present to stakeholders
- Organize the documentation of label and packaging designs
- Follow brand guidelines
- Create dielines for packaging
- Select and crop images for social and web
- High level of autonomy
- Strong communication skills
- High familiarity with print production
- Familiar working with various packaging materials
- Ability to work closely with vendors and gracefully work through various constraints
- Pushes to make designs scalable through systems
- Deep knowledge of Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
- A great eye for modern layout design and typography
- Strong portfolio work demonstrating an ability to deliver on-brand creative
- You are self-driven and want to learn, progress, try new things and set standards
- Illustration, 3D rendering, and/or photography skills
- A passion for environmentalism and/or DIY
- Experience working as a remote member of an international team
What we offer
- Competitive salary and equity
- Flexible work hours and locations
- Be an early member of Framework's team and get to shape the strategic direction of our designs
- The chance to work at a startup that is fixing the consumer electronics industry