NetSuite Data Engineer
United States /
At Framework, we believe the time has come for products that are designed to last. Founded in San Francisco in 2019, our mission is to remake Consumer Electronics to respect people and the planet.
Our first product is the Framework Laptop, a thin, light, high-performance notebook that can be upgraded, customized, and repaired in ways that no other notebook can. Alongside this, we've launched the Framework Marketplace to enable an ecosystem of parts and modules. We've seen a fantastic reception to our first product from customers and reviewers from outlets like Linus Tech Tips, Ars Technica, and Wirecutter, along with landing on the cover of TIME's Best Inventions of 2021. As a company, we made #35 on Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies of 2022.
We come from successful consumer electronics startups including the founding team of Oculus, and we recently closed an $18M Series A fundraising round to fuel our roadmap. Even better (and maybe unusually for an early stage startup), we're in a financially healthy position going forward off of our product revenue. We care deeply about building a diverse and inclusive team, and we hope you do too!
We’re looking for a fantastic NetSuite Data Engineer to be a core member of Framework’s growing team as we remake Consumer Electronics. This role is responsible for designing and implementing data solutions within NetSuite, our marketplace e-commerce platform, and our supply chain and logistics partners to enable us to scale our business to new geographies, customer bases, and products. As an early member of our Marketplace Team, this role has the potential for enormous impact on foundational infrastructure and operations. This is a highly cross-functional role with visibility across the business.
- Identify, recommend and & implement data/EDI integrations with Framework’s ERP (NetSuite), E-commerce platform (Solidus), Celigo, and our supply chain and logistics partners
- Monitor, maintain and analyze root cause data integrations to minimize disruption to business operations
- Assess business requirements and needs across the organization (Software Engineering, Accounting/Finance, Logistics, Supply Chain, Customer Experience)
- Own existing and emerging business systems, process maps and reporting within NetSuite
- Perform timely project management to a wide variety of stakeholders internally and externally
- Perform data migration tasks between various data sources
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of NetSuite’s functionality, relevant new product offerings and software offerings to proactively suggest positive business process changes
- Work with the Marketplace Software Engineering team to integrate business processes with our main web app, currently built with Ruby on Rails and Solidus
- 5+ years of NetSuite implementation experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science preferred
- Experience with e-commerce of physical goods, especially end-to-end from manufacturing through customer delivery
- Strong understanding of NetSuite modules for procure to pay, order to cash, inventory management, order management.
- Familiarity with EDI standards (e.g. 800 series, 900 series)
- Integration experience with Celigo, e-commerce platforms, and tax platforms (e.g. Avalara) or similar
- Data visualization and integration experience (e.g. Klaviyo CRM and Looker BI, or similar)
- Previous experience in an early-stage, high growth e-commerce startup
- Experience with Ruby on Rails and/or the Solidus or Spree ecommerce platforms
- Experience with Netsuite workflows and integrations to outside platforms such as CRM (Klaviyo) & BI tools (Looker)
- Experience with both Direct to Consumer and B2B
- Experience integrating with Warehouse Management Systems and Order Management Systems
- Experience managing data integrations in the US and international markets
- NetSuite SuiteFoundation Certification or NetSuite ERP Consultant Certification are a plus
What we offer
- Competitive salary, equity, and health benefits
- Flexible work hours and locations, and every other Friday as a day off
- The chance to be an early member of Framework's team and to shape our e-commerce and data infrastructure
- The opportunity to work at a startup that is fixing a major industry