Senior Product Designer
United States /
At Framework, we believe the time has come for products that are designed to last. Founded in San Francisco in 2019, our mission is to remake Consumer Electronics to respect people and the planet.
Our first product is the Framework Laptop, a thin, light, high-performance notebook that can be upgraded, customized, and repaired in ways that no other notebook can. Alongside this, we've launched the Framework Marketplace to enable an ecosystem of parts and modules. We've seen a fantastic reception to our first product from customers and reviewers from outlets like Linus Tech Tips, Ars Technica, and Wirecutter, along with landing on the cover of TIME's Best Inventions of 2021. As a company, we made #35 on Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies of 2022.
We come from successful consumer electronics startups including the founding team of Oculus, and we recently closed an $18M Series A fundraising round to fuel our roadmap. Even better (and maybe unusually for an early stage startup), we're in a financially healthy position going forward off of our product revenue. We care deeply about building a diverse and inclusive team, and we hope you do too!
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer based in the US to help maintain and improve our digital design system and ecommerce platform. Ample experience with ecommerce and marketplaces is preferred. The ideal candidate has an understanding of how to deliver pixel-perfect assets, solves challenges in a collaborative environment, is tapped into contemporary trends, and has the openness to present new ideas. As an early Product Designer at Framework, you'll have a high level of influence on new feature initiatives and the overall design tech stack.
Framework is a remote-first team, and this role is open to any location in the US. Pacific time zone is preferred.
- Build sitemaps, wireframes, components, and high fidelity prototypes
- Maintain and improve the health of our design system in Figma
- Bridge the gap between design and dev by integrating tools like Storybook and Figma tokens
- Present new feature ideas and prototypes to stakeholders and engineers
- Collaborate closely with various departments, such as product managers, customer support, operations, growth, creative, marketing, and engineering
- Help with user and competitive research, user testing, and QA
- Help establish A/B testing and improve the overall QA process
- Make informed design decisions by analyzing data sourced from growth teams
- Propose and implement UI or UX tweaks on the site to support initiatives, such as increasing conversion rates or decreasing bounce rates
- High level of autonomy
- Strong communication skills
- Significant familiarity with ecommerce and marketplace user experiences
- Pushes for efficiency and ways to make products and processes scalable
- Familiar with ADA regulations and standards
- Deep knowledge of Figma and responsive design
- Strong portfolio work demonstrating an ability to deliver on-brand creative
- You are self-driven and want to learn, progress, try new things and set standards
- Familiar with JIRA, Solidus, and Prismic
- Familiar with design principles such as Atomic and Material design
- A passion for environmentalism and/or DIY
- Experience working as a remote member of an international team
- HTML/code knowledge
What we offer
- Competitive salary and equity
- Flexible work hours and locations
- Be an early member of Framework's team and get to shape the strategic direction of design and e-commerce
- The chance to work at a startup that is fixing the consumer electronics industry