Global Supply Manager
At Framework, our mission is to fix consumer electronics. We believe products can be better both for users and the environment. Unlike most electronics products on the market today, ours are designed to be repairable and upgradeable to enable long usage lifetimes and deep personalization.
To support our product ecosystems, we are also launching a marketplace allowing users to buy and sell new and used devices and parts.
We come from successful consumer electronics startups including the founding team of Oculus and e-commerce companies, and we’re funded to fulfill our mission. We care deeply about building a diverse and inclusive team, and we hope you do too!
We are looking for a Global Supply Manager to bootstrap, build out, and grow the supply chain infrastructure for our products, working closely with our engineering team. As the first GSM on the team, you'll have an enormous level of influence on our sourcing and operations strategy going forward, as well as opportunity to grow the team.
This is a full time position in our office in Burlingame, CA, and will require up to 20% international travel.
NOTE: Due to the current COVID-19 situation, we are currently evaluating US-based candidates for a remote position with eventual relocation.
- Build out the overall sourcing strategy and processes on our first products.
- Work with our engineers to inform product decisions based on supplier cost, risk, and readiness.
- Create cost models and run should-cost analysis.
- Proactively tracking and synchronizing internal and supplier technology and product roadmaps.
- Develop and run RFPs and RFQs for our ODM, JDM, CM , and module integrator partners for our products and key modules that go into them.
- Negotiate pricing, contracts, and commercial terms on key components and modules.
- Manage overall business relationships with our suppliers.
- Define metrics and targets for suppliers to meet, and manage them towards achieving them.
- Work with our engineers and program managers on supplier bring-up, build readiness, and ramp to production.
- Own forecasting, production planning, and EOL timing.
- 5+ years of experience managing suppliers and supply chains for electronics products.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Operations, or Business or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with structuring and negotiating RFQs with consumer electronics ODMs and CMs.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with engineers and program managers.
- Experience with the full product lifecycle from inception through design, manufacturing, sale, repair/refurbishment, and disposition.
- A passion for environmentalism and/or DIY.
- Experience bootstrapping supply chain infrastructure at a startup.
- Fluency in Mandarin or Korean.
What we offer
- Competitive salary, equity, and health benefits.
- Flexible work hours.
- Be an early member of Framework's team and get to shape the strategic direction of our operations.
- Work with a world class team of hardware and operations folks.
- The chance to work at a startup that is fixing the consumer electronics industry.