At Framework, we believe the time has come for products that are designed to last. Founded in San Francisco in 2019, our mission is to remake Consumer Electronics to respect people and the planet.
Our first product is the Framework Laptop, a thin, lightweight, high-performance 13.5” notebook that can be upgraded, customized, and repaired in ways that no other notebook can. To support this, we're also creating a marketplace to enable an ecosystem of new, used, and refurbished products and modules.
We come from successful consumer electronics startups including the founding team of Oculus, and we’re funded to fulfill our mission. We care deeply about building a diverse and inclusive team, and we hope you do too!
We’re looking for a well-rounded Visual Designer to join Framework’s growing team. In this role, you will take on a wide range of projects from developing initial moodboards, to working with our product team to create labels and packaging for our hardware products. The ideal candidate is someone who understands how to deliver pixel perfect assets, solves challenges in a collaborative environment, is tapped into contemporary trends, and has the openness to present new ideas. Both conceptual and strategic thinking is encouraged to help bring impactful results.
Framework is a remote-first team, and this role is open to any location in the US or Taiwan.
- Assist in the design and production of small to large scale projects including ad/social/email campaigns, product landing pages, merch design, and packaging.
- Support our internal product hardware team by executing on various design needs.
- Collaborate with Project Managers and the Marketplace team to ensure requirements and brand guidelines are met.
- Prepare and export files appropriately for print and web.
- Communicate with vendors regularly.
- Help maintain file organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or similar field or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience working in consumer-facing design
- Knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Familiar with print production including ink, paper, and process choice, as well as communication with print vendors
- Strong portfolio work demonstrating an ability to deliver on-brand creative
- You are self-driven and want to learn, progress, try new things and set standards.
- You are open to feedback and seek out your team’s input.
- Knowledge of After Effects and Figma
- Skilled in or familiar with videography, photography, copywriting, illustration, or motion graphics
- User research and UX expertise
- Previous experience working on hardware products
- Familiarity with working in a startup environment