Technical Program Manager
Burlingame, CA or Remote /
At Framework, we believe the time has come for consumer electronics products that are designed to last. Founded in San Francisco in 2019, our mission is to empower you with great products you can easily customize, upgrade, and repair, increasing longevity and reducing e-waste in the process.
Our first product is the Framework Laptop, a thin, lightweight, high-performance 13.5” notebook that can be upgraded, customized, and repaired in ways that no other notebook can. To support this, we're also standing up a marketplace to enable an ecosystem of new, used, and refurbished products and modules.
We come from successful consumer electronics startups including the founding team of Oculus and e-commerce companies, and we’re funded to fulfill our mission. We care deeply about building a diverse and inclusive team, and we hope you do too!
We're looking for a Technical Program Manager to be an early member of Framework's growing team to extend our ability to deliver excellent products. This role is responsible for end to end management of program execution on upcoming products, spanning scoping, schedule management, directing partners, and other crucial areas. This role will work closely with our product, engineering, and operations teams to bring Framework's novel and complex products into the world. As an early member of our team, this role has the potential for enormous impact.
- Managing prototyping, NPI, and ecosystem development programs for complex and novel consumer electronics products.
- Scoping technical, schedule, and partner constraints for potential new product initiatives.
- Developing hardware execution schedules and processes to drive design maturity and create excellent hardware products..
- Coordinating with and guiding program managers at our manufacturing and development partners.
- Planning and directing engineering builds across design and material readiness, SMT, and FATP.
- Creating phase gates, program milestones, and other processes to synchronize internal and external teams.
- 5+ years of experience in program management spanning prototyping, NPI, and mass production of electrically and mechanically complex consumer electronics products.
- Familiarity collaborating with deeply cross-functional teams across different product, engineering, and operations functions.
- Expertise in managing and directing external teams at manufacturing partners in different time zones and countries.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Creativity in inventing and deploying new right-sized processes and tools from scratch or adapting existing ones to fit new needs.
- Inventiveness, curiosity, and a passion for building products that people love.
- A passion for environmentalism and/or DIY.
- Previous experience in program management in a startup.
- Expertise in software and firmware program management.
- Familiarity with e-commerce and direct to consumer product programs.
- Working proficiency in Mandarin, Cantonese, or Korean.