Test (V&V) Engineer
As part of the Software Engineering team, you’ll be at the core of our product development, helping to create tools that will benefit millions.
About us: franklin.ai
franklin.ai aims to apply the latest methodologies in artificial intelligence (AI) to ultimately put groundbreaking AI tools in the hands of pathologists.
franklin.ai is a joint venture between global medical diagnostic leader Sonic Healthcare (ASX:SHL) and health technology game-changer harrison.ai with a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for millions of patients every day.
Globally, pathology faces a stark skills shortage, with the number of US pathologists decreasing 18% between 2007 and 2017 despite an increase in workload. Building comprehensive AI solutions for pathology will help scale the capacity of diagnostic care across the globe. This new partnership combines harrison.ai's depth of expertise and comprehensive AI methodologies with Sonic Healthcare's global clinical experience and distribution. The collaboration will unlock digital pathology to provide pathologists with a second set of eyes, using state-of-the-art AI technology to deliver efficient and accurate diagnosis support.
We’re redefining what’s possible in healthcare, through AI technology.
About your Role:
Reporting to our Lead Systems Engineer with a dotted line to the Engineering team, you will use your passion for engineering & customer-driven solutions towards the development of break-through medical AI products that positively impact patient lives at scale. You will work alongside product management and provide input to a cross-functional team, including AI engineers, Software Engineers, Regulatory Affairs & Clinical Experts to design and develop solutions in alignment with customer needs.
Your role will involve both manual and automation testing to help ensure quality product delivery to our customers. Your day-to-day will involve liaising with a diverse range of stakeholders (from Engineering teams to Product Managers, C-level executives and more) and you will enjoy a high degree of autonomy, working on initiatives from start to finish in a supportive and flexible team environment.
What you'll be doing:
- Author and review test strategy and risks for software products
- Form, document and prioritise test and verification plans
- Assist with automation of tests to ensure optimal coverage
- Execute on tests, using a combination of manual and automated methods
- Collaborate with systems engineers to ensure requirements can be appropriately tested
- Record results, seek root cause of discovered issues, and provide feedback to developers on non compliance and reproduction steps
What we're lookin for:
- High level understanding of software architecture, network protocols (eg: HTTP), microservices and cloud technologies
- Proficient in one of the following languages: Typescript, Python or Rust
- Experience in the use of Cypress, Selenium or similar test automation platform
- Experience working within a software development team and communicating with engineers
- Experience in the use of tooling for bug tracking and source control
Nice to have:
- Experience working a regulated environment; eg: Australia TGA regulations for software as a medical device
- Experience in testing software for a regulated industry (e.g. Medical, Defence, Transport, Finance)
Why join us?
🧡Do work that matters: our pioneering Pathology AI solutions will help detect cancer, improve diagnostic accuracy and potentially save millions of lives.
💻 Flexible working: we have a remote-first environment with a cool office for social events and brainstorming sessions, or even full-time onsite if you prefer.
🌱 Grow your career with us: we are believers in lifelong learning. You’ll have access to a variety of resources and continuous career development opportunities.
👉 Competitive salary and equity: we’re constantly analysing market rates to keep our compensation up to date, in addition to offering a generous stock options program.
🚀Stay at the top of your game: work with diverse teams of industry experts and leaders who are passionate about what they do.
🙌 Vibrant culture: with sponsored team activities, fun social events and a supportive work environment, your holistic wellbeing is top of mind.
Thank you for considering becoming part of our team. Please apply now to register your interest and we look forward to reviewing your application shortly.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to building inclusive teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need any reasonable adjustments, accessibility assistance or would like to note which pronouns you use at any stage of our hiring process, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org