Clinical AI Specialist
Clinical AI /
As part of the Clinical team you’ll be driving the advancement of applied AI knowledge and methods in healthcare.
About us: franklin.ai
franklin.ai aims to apply the latest methodologies in artificial intelligence (AI) to ultimately put groundbreaking AI tools in the hands of pathologists.
franklin.ai is a joint venture between global medical diagnostic leader Sonic Healthcare (ASX:SHL) and health technology game-changer harrison.ai with a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for millions of patients every day.
Globally, pathology faces a stark skills shortage, with the number of US pathologists decreasing 18% between 2007 and 2017 despite an increase in workload. Building comprehensive AI solutions for pathology will help scale the capacity of diagnostic care across the globe. This new partnership combines harrison.ai's depth of expertise and comprehensive AI methodologies with Sonic Healthcare's global clinical experience and distribution. The collaboration will unlock digital pathology to provide pathologists with a second set of eyes, using state-of-the-art AI technology to deliver efficient and accurate diagnosis support.
We’re redefining what’s possible in healthcare, through AI technology.
As a Specialist in the Clinical Artificial Intelligence (AI) team at franklin.ai you will play a vital role in the design, development, evaluation and deployment of medical diagnostic software that will augment the field of pathology with the power of AI. This role is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated biomedical engineer/scientist to collaborate in global cross-functional teams and make a broad impact across the entire development process.
In this role, you will be working closely with pathologists, engineers and product managers to define and deliver the clinical AI requirements for franklin.ai products. Being at the intersection of such diverse skilled professions, you will be responsible for bridging clinical and technical knowledge, which will catalyse the interactions of both domains and unlock their value infranklin.ai.
You are motivated, efficient, and have a proven record of independent peer-reviewed research in the fields of medical and/or computer science. Your duties will be spread across clinical and technical literature research and documentation, model prototyping, agile development, and data analysis.
What you'll be doing:
- Work with clinicians to define ontology trees for franklin.ai products.
- Conduct or assist with manuscript submissions and conference abstracts as required
- Effectively manage external and internal stakeholders (e.g. lead clinicians, regulatory, quality, product, technical, and systems).
- Assist with SOP (standard operating procedure) development supporting the Clinical AI team
What we're looking for:
- A PhD in a relevant field (e.g., computer science, life sciences or medical science) with a focus on AI technologies and/or applications of AI for medicine.
- Experience working within the field of biomedical/computer science
- Experience with medical device development
- Programming experience (Ideally using the python programming language)
Nice to have:
- Experience working in research involving artificial intelligence, SAMD and/or pathology.
- Experience working in a relevant area of medical science.
- Experience working in cross-functional teams
- Experience working on agile development teams
- Experience with medical device development (AI model validation, clinical trials/publication process)
- A proven ability to publish in high impact peer-reviewed journals;
Why join us?
🧡Do work that matters: our pioneering Pathology AI solutions will help detect cancer, improve diagnostic accuracy and potentially save millions of lives.
💻 Flexible working: we have a remote-first environment with a cool office for social events and brainstorming sessions, or even full-time onsite if you prefer.
🌱 Grow your career with us: we are believers in lifelong learning. You’ll have access to a variety of resources and continuous career development opportunities.
👉 Competitive salary and equity: we’re constantly analysing market rates to keep our compensation up to date, in addition to offering a generous stock options program.
🚀Stay at the top of your game: work with diverse teams of industry experts and leaders who are passionate about what they do.
🙌 Vibrant culture: with sponsored team activities, fun social events and a supportive work environment, your holistic wellbeing is top of mind.
Thank you for considering becoming part of our team. Please apply now to register your interest and we look forward to reviewing your application shortly.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to building inclusive teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need any reasonable adjustments, accessibility assistance or would like to note which pronouns you use at any stage of our hiring process, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org