Associate AdTech Engineer
New York, NY
Frankly Media is looking for an Associate Ad Tech Engineer to join our team.
We provide an integrated SaaS platform for brands and media companies to create, distribute, analyze and monetize their content across all of their digital properties on web, mobile and TV.
Our customers include NBC, ABC, CBS and FOX affiliates, as well as other leading media organizations. Collectively, Frankly reaches nearly 60 million monthly users in the United States. The company is headquartered in New York.
The Associate AdTech Engineer will be the primary stakeholder for implementing and maintaining advertising technology for Frankly. Strategically, this role will support, enhance, and future-proof our advertising technology platform and help identify optimization opportunities that can improve our advertising delivery process, reduce latency, and increase monetization. Operationally, this role will collaborate closely with Ad Operations, Engineering, and Product, helping to integrate & support ad tech vendors and publisher partners across all platforms (Web, Apps, and OTT).
The Associate Ad Tech Engineer is a key member of the engineering team and work directly with the Product Development to develop and implement new ad products in collaboration with all company stakeholders, including Advertising, Client Services, Support and Sales.
What We Need From You...
- Develop, integrate, test and deploy ad-related code on Websites & Apps powered by Frankly’s platforms
- Help create product requirements and manage implementation for projects related to Frankly’s ad stacks
- Track technical aspects of ad performance to analyze & recommend ad-related product optimizations
- Design and implement Ad Tech improvement plans with Engineering, Product, and Ad Operations teams
- Consult on implementation during ad vendor/partner review phase
- Coordinate engineering initiatives with vendor/partner technical resources
- Test scenario development with QA team
- Design and implement multivariate testing
- Troubleshooting ad-related issues that can’t be addressed by Ad Ops
- Closely track industry trends and best practices, including IAB recommendations, standards and proposed specifications
Our Ideal Candidate Has...
- Advanced experience building & troubleshooting solutions using Google’s DFP and IMA SDK
- Deep understanding of web-tracking and ad tagging technologies
- Knowledge of ad servers and digital marketing technology
- Knowledge of programmatic sales solutions (DSPs, SSPs, Ad Networks)
- Experience with advertising ecosystem providers such as Media Trust, Freewheel, Lotame, AppNexus, Moat, Krux (Salesforce), etc.
- Understanding of version control tools such as Git
- Bonus for experience with Google 360 Suite (Google Analytics, GTM, Optimize)
- Bonus for hands on experience with a front-end framework, such as React (or similar such as Angular)
- Bonus for familiarly with XML / XSLT a plus (for legacy platform)
What You Get from Us...
- A people-focused organization dedicated to making sure you're challenged, learning, growing, and recognized for all your great work
- Support in creating clear professional goals that drive you to do your best work
- An environment in which you can learn skills and new processes to further your career
- Excellent employer-paid health, dental, and vision
- Competitive salary and 401k plan
- Unlimited PTO
- Parental leave
- Fun perks….Catered meals, stocked kitchen, monthly cell phone reimbursement, gym access!