Software Engineer, Video Cloud Workflow
New York, NY
We’re looking for a Software Engineer with experience in video encoding and cloud systems to join Frankly and work on our new Cloud VOD, LiveToVOD, and live streaming products as well as maintain our legacy video encoding software. You will have the opportunity to be a key player in the development of a robust, widely used video product that is optimizing the way broadcasters across the U.S. create and deliver content.
Working within a concentrated agile team of talented and creative peers, your work will cover the entire video pipeline from ingest to delivery. On the legacy software side you will write mission-critical code to process our customers’ video, audio, captions and other metadata. You will fix bugs and prepare new builds for deployment as well as provide tier three support for encoding issues presented in the field.
On the cloud software side you will contribute to rolling out a reliable and scalable video service running on Amazon AWS. This will include architecting and building microservices, updating CI and deployments, and reviewing API design.
We provide an integrated SaaS platform for brands and media companies to create, distribute, analyze and monetize their content across all of their digital properties on web, mobile and TV.
Our customers include NBC, ABC, CBS and FOX affiliates, as well as other leading media organizations. Collectively, Frankly reaches nearly 60 million monthly users in the United States. The company is headquartered in New York.
Our Ideal Candidate…
- Build and improve the cloud video service, including ingestion, transcoding, packaging, and delivery.
- Architect and rollout new services. Surgically enhance legacy software.
- Write well-tested and maintainable code. Peer review often. Deploy fearlessly.
- Keep pace with video technology.
- Be a team player.
What We Need From You
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, related technical field, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years experience with .NET and C++.
- 3+ years experience building APIs, services, asynchronous workers, etc.
- Video technology background.
- Experience in developing multi-threaded applications.
- Experience with DirectShow a big plus.
- Familiarity with standard security practices such as encryption and certificate handling.
- Knowledge of Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) and communication protocols such as HTTP, TCP and SOAP.
- Familiarity with Go a plus.
- Great communication skills.
- Passion for software quality.
What You Get From Us
- A people-focused organization dedicated to making sure you're challenged, learning, growing, and recognized for all your great work
- Support in creating clear professional goals that drive you to do your best work
- An environment in which you can learn skills and new processes to further your career
- Excellent employer-paid health, dental, and vision
- Competitive salary and 401k plan
- Unlimited PTO
- Parental leave
- Fun perks….Catered meals, stocked kitchen, monthly cell phone reimbursement, gym access!