CLOUD SYSTEMS ENGINEER
New York, NY
We provide an integrated SaaS platform for brands and media companies to create, distribute, analyze and monetize their content across all of their digital properties on web, mobile and TV.
Our customers include NBC, ABC, CBS and FOX affiliates, as well as other leading media organizations. Collectively, Frankly reaches nearly 60 million monthly users in the United States. The company is headquartered in San Francisco with major offices in New York.
We are looking for a talented Systems Engineer to join our team!
- Main focus is to provide technical expertise and platform leadership in areas of data center server management, networking, firewall & load balancing technologies, in a hybrid colo/AWS cloud infrastructure
- Configuration and management of Content Delivery Networks such as Akamai or Fastly
- Identify more effective ways to monitor network performance and make recommendations for improvement
- Document and track performance, experience, and system metrics
- Coordinate change planning and formal change control process to systems in order to ensure internal and external SLA's are met
- Assist in the management of server environment related tasks as needed
- Provide Tier II Ticket Resolution/support, including supporting the business via a scheduled on-call rotation
- Be very customer focused in all support tasks
- Experience with core AWS services such as VPC, EC2, ELB, RDS, S3 and Route 53
- Experience with hybrid environments - On premise and cloud
- Migrations from on premises infrastructure to cloud are a plus
- Experience with VMWare and managing virtualized resources
- Experience using Docker containers
- Excellent knowledge of LAN and WAN troubleshooting
- Diverse in implementing/working with multiple vendors/hardware such as Cisco, Foundry-Brocade, Citrix-Netscaler, Juniper, Dell, EMC, etc.
- Implementing such security protocols such as IPSec, NAT, etc.
- Ability to manage Active Directory, DNS, FTP, IIS and DHCP
- Excellent server hardware and OS troubleshooting skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational & time-management skills
- Ability to effectively handle stress and deadlines. (Requires an individual with demonstrated success in these areas and no history of difficulty maintaining performance under stress.)
- Flexible schedule – including the ability to work late nights, early mornings and weekends as needed. 24 x 7 on-call status required
- Ability to work in a team environment and/or as an individual contributor, as required
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher required
- CCNA, MCP/ MSCE Certifications are a plus