Senior Software Engineer/Architect, Web Front End
New York, NY
Frankly Inc. is looking for a Senior Software Engineer/Architect, Web Front End to join our team.
We provide an integrated SaaS platform for brands and media companies to create, distribute, analyze and monetize their content across all of their digital properties on web, mobile and TV.
Our customers include NBC, ABC, CBS and FOX affiliates, as well as other leading media organizations. Collectively, Frankly reaches nearly 60 million monthly users in the United States. The company is headquartered in New York.
What We Need From You...
- Architect and lead hands-on front-end development of flagship web platform
- Areas of responsibility include consumer-facing pages & modules as well as editorial-facing site configuration & page layout systems
- Architect and lead team members developing custom wrapper libraries such as video player, ads, analytics
- Optimize front end web code and build tools for performance, scalability, stability and securityEnsure consistent quality, standards, documentation, and test coverage across web codebase
- Collaborate with broader development teams to ensure successful integrations
- Collaborate with product management & design team to meet customer requirements
- Provide thought leadership by evangelizing technology and process improvement within Frankly, within our client community, and the development community at large.
Our Ideal Candidate Has...
- 7+ years relevant experience
- Experience with:
- Browser techniques such as cookies, localStorage, HTTP methods, cross-origin techniques, AJAX/XHR, and caching
- Modern technologies such as Responsive Web, React, Redux, Bootstrap, Node.JS, SPA, PWA, flexbox, CSS Grid
- Source/Build/Packaging tools such as NPM, webpack, babel, git, travis
- Unit testing frameworks such as: Jest, Enzyme, Jasmine, Mocha, etc.
- Web Performance techniques and tooling
- Familiarity with cloud technologies such as AWS & CDN’s, especially concerning deployment & delivery of front-end assets
- Excellent communication, teaming & collaboration skills
- Ability to work independently, serve as a mentor to more junior Engineers
- Excellent time and project management skills; Delivers successfully on commitments
What You Get from Us...
- A people-focused organization dedicated to making sure you're challenged, learning, growing, and recognized for all your great work
- Support in creating clear professional goals that drive you to do your best work
- An environment in which you can learn skills and new processes to further your career
- Excellent employer-paid health, dental, and vision
- Competitive salary and 401k plan
- Unlimited PTO
- Parental leave
- Fun perks….Catered meals, stocked kitchen, monthly cell phone reimbursement, gym access!