New York, NY
Frankly (TSX VENTURE: TLK) builds an integrated software platform for media companies to create, distribute, analyze and monetize their content across all of their digital properties on web, mobile and TV. Its customers include NBC, ABC, CBS and FOX affiliates, as well as other leading media organizations. Collectively, Frankly reaches nearly 60 million monthly users in the United States. The company is headquartered in San Francisco with major offices in New York. To learn more, visit www.franklyinc.com.
RESPONSIBILITIES: NATIONAL AD SALES FINANCIAL REPORTING
- Manage Frankly’s digital advertising sales month-end financial close process.
- Review and reconcile month-end ad sales financial activity; prepare and reconcile billings, publisher payables, and third party expenses; work closely with accounts receivable and accounts payable teams.
- Responsible for sales order management system from a financial reporting and internal controls perspective. Must understand sales order management entire workflow process.
- Review and approve campaign insertion orders to ensure accuracy and proper audit support.
- Manage publisher affiliation agreements; reviews, audits, and revenue share application.
- Work with director of operations and sales team to perform workflow reviews and guideline implementations to meet and improve finance and sales needs.
- Work closely with advertising team to provide insights and recommendations that align with, or enhance, client strategy/business goals.
- Understand our digital advertising life cycle of sales, campaign delivery, operations, financial reporting, and data analytics to better meet our financial reporting needs and requirements.
- Oversee quarterly and year-end advertising financial audits in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Work closely with various advertising platforms and reporting solutions (Fattail/Adbook, MAS 200, FRX, Google Dart for Publishers, Google Analytics, SalesForce, and STAQ.
- Prepare, review, reconcile and post G/L entries for National ad sales month end financial close.
- Assist Controller with monthly financial statements reviews as they pertain to advertising sales.
- Work with Client Services team to address client/publisher financial reporting needs, ad hoc requests, and communicate results and insights from a finance perspective.
- Work with accounting to facilitate billings and payables, reviews and reconciliations.
- Work with Ad Operations team to communicate and review campaign performance and 3rd party reporting discrepancies. Perform cross-system delivery and financial reporting audits.
- Work with advertising account manager to review insertion order discrepancies and/or client reporting/payment issues.
- Work with Controller to finalize advertising sales monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements P&L and Balance Sheets.
- Assist head of adverting sales with ad hoc reporting and performance reviews.
- Work with legal team to ensure agreements are in line with client and financial reporting guidelines.
- Work with FP&A lead to facilitate reporting needs for budget and projections needs.
- The Finance Manager must have solid understanding of the digital advertising landscape and have hands-on experience with digital advertising financial reporting close processes. We are looking for someone who is comfortable thinking strategically and analyzing performance in a continually evolving, dynamic environment.
- Ability to work and collaborate with multiple teams to accomplish reporting objectives
- Keen understanding of internal controls and audit techniques
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven technical and analytical aptitude
- Effective communicator and collaborator; experience working with cross-functional teams
- Proficient in Excel, with demonstrated ability to organize and consolidate multiple data sources for analysis. Access/VBA/SQL knowledge is a plus.
- Ability to self-manage and juggle multiple priorities
- Proactive mindset and the ability to meet multiple objectives in a fast moving, entrepreneurial environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- BA/BS in Finance or Accounting