Senior Software Engineer, Web Full Stack
New York, NY
Frankly Inc. is looking for a Senior Software Engineer, Web Full Stack to join our Engineering team.
We provide an integrated SaaS platform for brands and media companies to create, distribute, analyze and monetize their content across all of their digital properties on web, mobile and TV.
Our customers include NBC, ABC, CBS and FOX affiliates, as well as other leading media organizations. Collectively, Frankly reaches nearly 60 million monthly users in the United States. The company is headquartered in New York.
What We Need From You...
- Provide Hands-on full-stack development of flagship web platform
- Areas of responsibility include server-side rendering of consumer-facing pages & modules as well as editorial-facing site configuration & page layout systems
- Optimize web code and build tools for performance, scalability, stability and security
- Ensure consistent quality, standards, documentation, and test coverage across web codebase
- Collaborate with broader development teams to ensure successful integrations
- Collaborate with product management & design team to meet customer requirements
- Provide thought leadership by evangelizing technology and process improvement within Frankly, within our client community, and the development community at large.
Our Ideal Candidate Has...
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Expertise in server-side rendering platforms running Node.JS and koa/express
- Sound experience with cloud technologies such as AWS, CDN’s, docker/kubernetes, redis, mongodb
- Experience with scaling techniques and data caching strategies across a multi-tier architecture
- Unit testing frameworks such as: Jest, Enzyme, Jasmine, Mocha, etc.
- Source/Build/Packaging tools such as NPM, webpack, babel, git, travis
- Familiarity with browser techniques such as cookies, localStorage, HTTP methods, cross-origin techniques, AJAX/XHR, and caching
- Experience with modern technologies such as Responsive Web, React, Bootstrap, Node.JSWeb Performance techniques and tooling
- Excellent communication & collaboration skillsAbility to work independently and deliver successfully on commitments
What You Get from Us...
- A people-focused organization dedicated to making sure you're challenged, learning, growing, and recognized for all your great work
- Support in creating clear professional goals that drive you to do your best work
- An environment in which you can learn skills and new processes to further your career
- Excellent employer-paid health, dental, and vision
- Competitive salary and 401k plan
- Unlimited PTO
- Parental leave
- Fun perks….Catered meals, stocked kitchen, monthly cell phone reimbursement, gym access!