Functional Support Specialist
Juba | South Sudan /
FreeBalance is looking for a Functional Support Specialist to join its team in Juba, South Sudan. The Functional Support Specialist will work directly with customers to provide application support for the company’s suite of Government Resource Planning (GRP) solutions. The ideal candidate will be an experienced customer support professional that can operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Work with customers to understand requirements and issues and direct them to the proper solution in a timely manner using a centralized customer support system.
- Reproduce errors, issues or bugs as a part of a case investigation to determine whether the case is a product issue, enhancement request or request for professional services.
- Serve as point of contact for customer investigations and troubleshoot or solve basic and complex customer issues logged in the customer portal.
- Provide knowledge transfer and training by sharing good practices and lessons learned with team members and contribute to the FreeBalance knowledge base.
- Liaise with the local project team, research & development or other departments on complex issues and involve the appropriate people to support case resolution when required.
- Work with other departments to produce and maintain technical, user, and training material in accordance with the company's documentation standards.
- Provide regular reports to local project team and regional management on status of cases and recommended next steps for resolution. Escalate cases as required.
- Experience supporting one or more core business areas, including Public Financial Management, Government Treasury Management, Government Receipts Management, Government Performance Management, Public Expenditure Management, Civil Service Management.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Accounting, Finance, Business, Management Information Systems or other related field or comparable work experience.
- Ability to multitask and perform effectively under pressure with multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Customer case management skills including attention to detail, focus, and good judgment.
- Demonstrated analysis and problem-solving skills and software troubleshooting expertise.
- Understanding of enterprise application architecture and functional requirements.
- Previous experience at a software company and experience supporting ERP solutions.
- The successful candidate MUST be able to speak, read, and write English fluently. Other languages considered an asset.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. FreeBalance is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce to increase the representation of the designated groups based on each country’s legislation. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective labour law throughout all stages of the recruitment process.