Functional Support Specialist
Port of Spain | Trinidad and Tobago /
As a Functional Support Specialist you will have the opportunity to contribute to our on-going success by delivering quality and timely services during and post implementation of our products to our customers for all project deployments. This position provides first line support to our customers and provides the opportunity to learn new technologies and enterprise applications in delivering better service to our government customers.
- Understand and document current state business processes (prepare process maps, descriptions, business rules, risks etc.)
- Design future state business processes;
- Analyze & capture business requirements and do gap fit analysis;
- Prepare functional requirement and design documents;
- Participate in functional design reviews;
- Document and clarify business requirements and produce details specifications;
- Perform product validation testing of new functionality during User Acceptance Testing;
- Conduct business requirements review with the client and prepare requirements analyses and system/configuration design related to required government accounting functions;
- Configure and demonstrate the FreeBalance software/solution to the client, illustrating the mapping between the processes to the technology;
- Develop acceptance test plans and conduct acceptance testing of the configured FreeBalance software/system with the client;
- Develop training material and deliver required product and user training courses, including ‘Train the Trainer’, to meet the client’s needs;
- Transfer knowledge to the client related to change management and correct use of the FreeBalance products/solution as a ‘Super User';
- Use effective leadership skills to complete all phases of projects from inception through completion;
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently on projects;
- Provide input to product management on functional matters and future product requirements based on feedback from the client;
- Report progress on all assigned activity and deliverable to the Project Manager;
- Work with the Project Manager and team to achieve all milestones in a timely manner and on budget;
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum University degree in Accounting or a related field such as Commerce, Business Administration, Financial Administration, with a strong financial management experience;
- 8+ years experience in ERP with Government is considered an asset;
- Financial designation (e.g. CMA, CGA) and work experience with a large national accounting firm or ERP firm an asset;
- Experience in working in the context of business process re-engineering and the introduction of large scale IT systems;
- Solid understanding of budget management and execution, accounting, cash management processes and procedures, particularly in the public sector;
- Understanding of Financial and Accounting processes and procedures in the Public Sector;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills in English.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. FreeBalance is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce to increase the representation of the designated groups based on each country’s legislation. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective labour law throughout all stages of the recruitment process.