Lisbon, Portugal | Europe /
Research & Development /
As an IT Specialist at FreeBalance you will use your expertise to monitor, and maintain our IT systems. You will be responsible for our computer network, database, and systems administration. You will install, configure, service, repair and maintain IT systems, and you will provide support of existing and new implementations. You will also ensure that system hardware, operating systems, and software systems are fully operational.
This is a full-time position for face-to-face work at the office in Lisbon.
- Excellent communication skills with a commitment to understanding customer requirements as well as business objectives.
- Ability to provide effective, strategic advice on the use of technology to achieve shared goals.
- Management skills needed to oversee IT initiatives and collaborations with various technical staff.
- Design skills needed to help develop corporate IT systems and networks, ensuring the most effective architecture and functionality.
- Commitment to supporting new technology implementation.
- Patience and ability to train users in both new and existing IT systems.
- Constant willingness to provide assistance with technical issues, as needed.
- Problem solving skills to revise existing systems and suggest improvements.
- Ability to produce concise yet thorough reports within IT and for other teams as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University graduates in Computer Science, IT or relevant field or related to computing related technology programs.
- Significant experience as IT Professional in a corporate setting.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot hardware, software, and network issues quickly and effectively.
- Highly experienced with various operating systems and databases, such as Windows and Unix (Ubuntu) OS, Oracle, SQL Server and MySQL DB.
- Track record of successful project management.
- Critical thinking skills and an analytical mind with strong problem-solving abilities.
- Enthusiastic about working collaboratively.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Solid interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel internationally and locally on an as needed basis for extended periods of time.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. FreeBalance is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce to increase the representation of the designated groups based on each country’s legislation. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective labour law throughout all stages of the recruitment process.