Translator, Documentation, and Support Specialist
Port-au-Prince | Haiti /
FreeBalance is looking for a Translator, Support, and Documentation Specialist to join its team in Haiti. As a Translator, you will translate documentation that helps customers understand and use FreeBalance solutions for Public Financial Management (PFM). As a Documentation Specialist, you will produce and update said documentation, which includes manuals (system, end-user, process maps, and training), online help white papers, collateral, business correspondence, etc. You will also help explain technologies, processes, and products in many formats, including print, online, and other electronic means. As a Support Specialist, you will have the opportunity to contribute to our ongoing success by delivering quality and timely services during and post-implementation of our products to our customers for all project deployments. This position provides first-line support to our customers as well as the opportunity to learn new technologies and enterprise applications in delivering better service to our customers.
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the FreeBalance solution
- Update and maintain and translate from English to French an extensive library of customer-centric user manuals and documents.
- Ensure that English and Translated documents are available in multiple formats, including print, online, etc.
- Read through or listen to material in the English language, determine understanding of the meaning and context of that material, and converts it into the French language, making sure to preserve the original meaning
- Follow up with clients to ensure satisfaction and understanding of translated material
- Analyze existing and potential content with a focus on reuse and continuous improvement
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets standards and is appropriate for customers
- Act as primary support specialist contact for the client during deployment and post-implementation needs
- Provide timely and accurate response to customer requests in support
- Analyze customer issues and requirements and facilitate solutions in support
- Analyze business requirements and tailor software solutions using FreeBalance software
- Learn and understand clients’ environment and assist with utilizing the product to the full potential
- Collaboratively develop and deliver functional training to clients
- Provide support in proposals
- Provide feedback to Sales, Product Management and Development on future product requirements based on interaction with clients
- Develop new or modify existing custom solutions, including forms and reports
- University degree in Linguistics, Communications, related field, and/or in Business Administration, Computer Science, Finance or Commerce with a minimum of 3 years’ experience
- Proven experience in technical writing of software documentation
- Experience producing user documentation relating to PFM, Accounting or ERP
- Ability to deliver consistent and high-quality documentation with attention to detail
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easy to understand
- Experience in translating software documentation or content related to PFM, Accounting or ERP systems is an asset
- Ability to translate complex technical concepts and make them easy to understand
- Excellent Interpersonal Communication, Accuracy, and Attention to Detail
- Highly organized and works well in fast-paced environments, and committed to meeting deadlines
- Demonstrate previous experience supporting customers for translating business issues and providing solutions
- Previous working experience with Governments and knowledge of government budgets processes and workflows is considered an asset
- Understanding of Haiti public finance accounting
- Strong working knowledge and experience in using Windows Operating Systems and other productivity tools such as MS Office Suite and translation tools
- Strong presentation skills and ability to interface with various levels of stakeholders
- Knowledge of database and application servers will be considered an asset
- Ability to read, write, speak English and French fluently. Knowledge of Haitian Creole and other languages is considered an asset
- Ability to travel
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
FreeBalance is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce to increase the representation of the designated groups based on each country’s legislation. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective labour law throughout all stages of the recruitment process.