Technical Bid Author
Any Location (No European Union) /
Marketing – *Global /
Based out of London, UK; Washington, DC; or Ottawa, ON, we're looking for experienced Technical Bid Authors to help respond to international tenders for Government Resource Planning (GRP) solutions. Technical Bid Authors deliver high-quality RFx responses while developing and maintaining a knowledge base of ‘standard’ answers and templates. The position requires a complete commitment to quality, consistency and efficiency in the bidding process.
The Technical Bid Authors work with the capture and proposal management team and liaise with internal and external stakeholders to ensure submissions are made on time and to the required standard of quality. The successful candidates will have a technical and functional understanding of Public Financial Management (PFM), Human Capital Management (HCM), Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) or related software.
Developing an in-depth understanding and knowledge of FreeBalance solutions, services, and capabilities is critical to this position. The Technical Bid Authors are expected to articulate the FreeBalance value proposition and differentiators in a consistent, compelling and compliant way.
- Review and respond to detailed functional and technical requirements with the support of FreeBalance subject matter experts
- Write proposal content, including technical sections, review and edit sections drafted by other contributors
- Identify winning themes, differentiators and value proposition and articulate the same through compelling technical responses
- Participate in key colour team reviews and engage fully in the proposal response process as part of the capture and proposal management team
- Deliver completed written proposal responses to the Proposal Manager against agreed RFx deadlines, escalating issues as required.
- Develop and maintain a knowledge base of ‘standard’ answers and templates for re-use in proposals and for other documentation purposes
- Support the documentation team by contributing to the production of product and training documentation for use by partners and customers in the PFM domain
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience as an author on technical proposals
- Functional and domain knowledge of PFM, HCM, ERP, GRP or related software
- Experience with proposals from International Financial Institutions like the World Bank, Asian Development Bank, and the Inter-American Development Bank
- Strong analytical skills and ability to understand and write about complex topics
- Superior written and verbal communication skills in English with an eye for detail
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics
- Knowledge of proposal automation and knowledge base software solutions
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and G Suite applications
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to manage competing priorities under tight deadlines.
- Degree educated or professional writing background
- Certified to APMP Foundation or Practitioner Level preferred
- Bilingualism (English/French, English/Spanish or English/Portuguese) is an asset
We thank all applicants for their interest.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. FreeBalance is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce to increase the representation of designated groups based on country legislation. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates. We will accommodate needs under respective labour laws throughout all stages of the recruitment process.