Human Resources Generalist
Ottawa | Canada /
Human Resources Team /
FreeBalance is the global provider of integrated Public Financial Management (PFM) reform and Government Resource Planning (GRP) technology solutions.
Reporting to the Vice President, People & Culture, you will be a key contributor to the design, delivery and maintenance of global Human Resources programs including talent acquisition, talent management, recruitment, rewards programs; training and development; legal compliance; policies and procedures; employee communications; and corporate culture.
- Recruitment: Global sourcing of exceptional talent and maintaining a robust people knowledge database of existing resources for new business opportunities and proposal activities.
- Employee Experience: Create an evidence-based approach to employee experience to define and build operational metrics and results that support and drive our corporate culture
- Performance Management and Development: Provide input to program development and implementation to improve success of coaching, career development, performance improvement and disciplinary process.
- Collaboration: Work cross-functionally with leaders across the organization globally to support HR programs and initiatives including training and reporting.
- Compensation & Rewards: Assist with developing rewards programs and regulatory reporting.
- Policy: Draft, update and maintain corporate and regional talent management policies and programs
- Business Partner: Act as a senior professional resource to provide direction, advice, and guidance to all mangers on strategic, tactical, and operational issues related to Human Resources
- Conflict Resolution: Manage complex employee relations issues, ensuring a positive employee relations approach
- Compliance: Ensure compliance with regulatory reporting and employment standards (e.g., vacation management, health & safety, AODA, etc)
- HR Analytics: Monthly and quarterly reporting analytics; insights and recommendations, preparation of reports
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources, Industrial and Organizational Development, or related field
- CHRP designation would be considered an asset
- 5+ years of experience in human resources as a generalist with specialized recruitment expertise
- Experience working with ATS and HRMS systems
- Experience in recruitment for proposal submission to international donors like the World Bank, African Development Bank, USAID, DFID and others considered an asset
- Demonstrated experience with employment laws in Quebec and Ontario, other countries considered an asset
- Experience working with global teams would be considered an asset
- Exceptional listening skills and ability to relate to, influence, and coach employees of all levels in the organization
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills in English, French, and Spanish
- Ability to travel as needed.
We thank all applicants for their interest.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. FreeBalance is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce to increase the representation of designated groups based on country legislation. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates. We will accommodate needs under respective labour laws throughout all stages of the recruitment process.