Technical Writer - Madcap Flare
Alliances – *Global /
FreeBalance is looking for a technical writer to join our team. The technical writer will be responsible for writing and maintaining several types of user documentation including user guides, release notes, online help text, and instructions.
- Manage multiple deliverables across our product delivery teams with varying priorities and deadlines.
- Write and maintain topic-based and context-sensitive help using madcap flare® while following our writing styles and standards.
- Research and document product features and enhancements by attending product presentations and interviewing product managers, user experience designers, other technical writers, and subject matter experts.
- Screen Capture end-user processes and/ or tasks performed in our software.
- Participate in peer edits.
- Coordinate multiple milestones while producing documentation drafts.
- Use revision and source control effectively within a team setting.
- Minimum 5 year experience as a technical writer, preferably in web-based software environment.
- Must be proficient with madcap® flare® - Minimum 3 years experience.
- Excellent English comprehension and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple deliverables and work independently to complete assigned work.
- Proactive at removing impediments with a “get the job done” attitude.
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure and adapt to shifting deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field such as computer science, communications, English, or technical writing.
- Experience with accounting, payroll, or HR software is helpful, but not mandatory.
We thank all applicants for their interest.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. FreeBalance is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce to increase the representation of designated groups based on country legislation. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates. We will accommodate needs under respective labour laws throughout all stages of the recruitment process.