Lisbon, Portugal /
Research & Development – EMEA /
FreeBalance is looking for a Functional Analyst to join its Functional team in Lisbon. Functional Analyst Consultants work closely with Development and Product Managers in analyzing and designing FreeBalance Government Software. Key to this position is the ability to acquire knowledge and skills regarding government processes and organization, as well as the capacity to define the feasibility of a solution, its implementation and its interaction with the existing system. Through this entry role, the candidate will acquire knowledge to build a career as a functional subject matter expert, provide support to other areas within FreeBalance, such as software implementation support.
This role requires experience in functional requirement specifications and business process modelling of software systems.
This is a full-time position for face-to-face work at the office in Lisbon.
- Design and develop functional specifications, using established development tools to bridge customer requirement Storyboards to development.
- Write documents or use tools to describe developed or enhanced software solutions.
- Propose software enhancements for feasibility.
- Review functional specifications with the objective of increasing the quality of the developed solutions.
- Register, validate and verify resolved issues related to designed, enhanced, assigned and/or developed solutions.
- Review documented requirements and functional specifications with the objective of understanding the process environment in which the software solutions will interact.
- Execute integration and system tests on applications if necessary.
- Propose enhancements to Company’s processes and methodologies.
- Manage day-to-day operations to meet objectives and deadlines, including meeting project schedules.
- Work effectively in a team environment (on-site if necessary or remotely), and independently on assigned projects, while being supervised by a manager.
- Report progress on all assigned activities and deliverables to the manager.
- Uphold Company standards, procedures, documentation and software development methodologies.
- Support on-site implementation teams on tasks appointed by the manager or project managers when required.
- Resolve inquiries from R&D regarding Product configuration and functional specification definitions.
- Minimum University degree or equivalent in Accounting, Information Technology, Computer Application, or a related field.
- Professional demeanour to customer and colleagues.
- Strong analytical skills with multi-tasking ability.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills in English and Portuguese. Other languages are considered an asset.
- Exceptional capability in reading, analyzing and interpreting technical information.
- Knowledge in accounting systems or ERP systems would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge in Computer Programming, Accounting, Central and Local Government Processes would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge in Java based programming would be considered an asset.
- Organized, responsible, able to work independently and within a team when required.
- Able to meet tight deadlines, multi-task and work from home when needed.
- Ability to travel internationally as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. FreeBalance is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce to increase the representation of the designated groups based on each country’s legislation. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective labour law throughout all stages of the recruitment process.