QA Device Engineer
Engineering – QA Engineering
The FreedomPay Commerce Platform is the technology of choice for many of the largest companies across the globe in retail, hospitality, lodging, gaming, sports and entertainment, foodservice, education, healthcare and financial services. FreedomPay’s technology has been purposely built to deliver rock solid performance in the highly complex environment of global commerce. The company maintains a world-class security environment and was first to earn the coveted validation by the PCI Security Standards Council against Point-to-Point Encryption (P2PE/EMV) standard in North America. FreedomPay’s robust solutions across payments, security, identity and data analytics are available in-store, online and on-mobile and are supported by rapid API adoption. The award winning FreedomPay Commerce Platform operates on a single, unified technology stack across multiple continents allowing enterprises to deliver a consistent, repeatable experience on a global scale. FreedomPay is a fast paced, high growth company with a great culture with competitive benefits and compensation with a business casual atmosphere.
Primary Job Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
• Learn and adapt to the ever-changing hardware and software environments of payment systems and processing
• Test various web applications and modules with complex business logic
• Test/validate file imports, exports, and data transmissions
• Work with various payment hardware devices and POS systems within the lab environment
• Read and understand business requirements and technical design documentation
• Provide assistance or suggestions to influence product design
• Work well with a team to meet deadlines sharing in responsibilities and providing assistance
• Train production support staff and technicians on new products and features, system setup and configuration
• Plan and schedule for upcoming projects and do everything necessary to meet deadlines and commitments
Quality Assurance and Testing
• Create and execute thorough manual test plans, including positive and negative testing, functional testing, and regression tests
• Test efficiently with innovative tools and automation
• Identify defects in the software prior to deployment to a live environment
• Report defects and track their progress through Jira
• Work with engineers on troubleshooting and identifying root causes
Required Skills and Desired Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Strong knowledge of software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
- Has expertise in testing complex multilayer IT implementations in finance industry
- Automation mind set and ability to write scripts to automat manual testing effort
- Ability to write detailed test plan and test cases
- Tested in highly configurable environment in a multilayer applications suite
- Strong Experience with Relational (SQL) databases and writes complex queries
- Identifying and analyzing defects/test results and able to deduce the chain of events leading to a failure.
- 3-8 years of experience in QA and testing
- Some experience using JIRA, Team City, Octopus Deploy, Rest Assured, Grafana.
As the fastest growing commerce company in the industry, we offer the opportunity for tremendous upward mobility within the company as well as development and professional growth opportunities. FreedomPay provides exceptional benefits including medical, prescription, dental and vision coverage, Life Insurance, 401K, commission sharing plan, and a modern working environment. All positions must be able to successfully pass a background check as well as a credit check.