Platform Operations Analyst
Infrastructure – Platform Operations
The FreedomPay Commerce Platform is the technology of choice for many of the largest companies across the globe in retail, hospitality, lodging, gaming, sports and entertainment, foodservice, education, healthcare and financial services. FreedomPay’s technology has been purposely built to deliver rock solid performance in the highly complex environment of global commerce. The company maintains a world-class security environment and was first to earn the coveted validation by the PCI Security Standards Council against Point-to-Point Encryption (P2PE/EMV) standard in North America. FreedomPay’s robust solutions across payments, security, identity and data analytics are available in-store, online and on-mobile and are supported by rapid API adoption. The award winning FreedomPay Commerce Platform operates on a single, unified technology stack across multiple continents allowing enterprises to deliver a consistent, repeatable experience on a global scale. FreedomPay is a fast paced, high growth company with a great culture with competitive benefits and compensation with a business casual atmosphere.
Primary Job Responsibilities
(Including but not limited to)
Maintain live services through measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health.
Collaborate with other team members to quickly determine root cause of any type of service degradation and look for key indicators of potential issues.
Effectively communicate with third parties, partners, and internal teams regarding technical issues.
Use acquired knowledge to suggest, edit, and write knowledge base articles.
Collaborate with infrastructure and development teams to improve system reliability emphasizing reliability as a core value.
Identify anomalies and escalate appropriately issues identified in application and system log files.
Obtain a deep understanding of the platform and custom application stack to help resolve issues.
Create new alerts to support the operations of FreedomPay production systems.
Troubleshoot and remediate failed scheduled jobs.
Document and refine internal policies and procedures.
Required Skills and Experience
- BSc degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree
- Minimum 3 years technical experience in Web based technology environments and related dependencies between platforms, database, and application levels.
- Experience in the support of real time transaction processing applications
- Experience in Microsoft SQL Server product stack; Databases, Integrations Services, and Reporting Services
- Strong SQL skills are required
- Experience with scripting languages such as PowerShell
- Experience in enterprise incident management practices
- Working knowledge of application development
- Ability to quickly receive and process information, make appropriate risk-based decisions.
Nice to haves
- Knowledge of networking protocols, DNS, HTTP, load balancing, web servers
- Experience with Azure Cloud
- Experience with RunDeck Scheduling System
As the fastest growing commerce company in the industry, we offer the opportunity for tremendous upward mobility within the company as well as development and professional growth opportunities. FreedomPay provides exceptional benefits including medical, prescription, dental and vision coverage, Life Insurance, 401K, commission sharing plan, and a modern working environment. All positions must be able to successfully pass a background check as well as a credit check.