Sr. Software Engineer - iOS/Mobile
Engineering – Software Development
The FreedomPay Commerce Platform is the technology of choice for many of the largest companies across the globe in retail, hospitality, lodging, gaming, sports and entertainment, foodservice, education, healthcare and financial services. FreedomPay’s technology has been purposely built to deliver rock solid performance in the highly complex environment of global commerce. The company maintains a world-class security environment and was first to earn the coveted validation by the PCI Security Standards Council against Point-to-Point Encryption (P2PE/EMV) standard in North America. FreedomPay’s robust solutions across payments, security, identity and data analytics are available in-store, online and on-mobile and are supported by rapid API adoption. The award winning FreedomPay Commerce Platform operates on a single, unified technology stack across multiple continents allowing enterprises to deliver a consistent, repeatable experience on a global scale. FreedomPay is a fast paced, high growth company with a great culture with competitive benefits and compensation with a business casual atmosphere.
Job Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
▪ Build properly structured, well commented solutions for complex integrations and complex problems
▪ Lead the effort to build out applications, libraries, and services on iOS devices to integrate point of sale systems with card readers.
▪ Architect and design aspects of the system, producing a technical design document and present/communicate the architecture and software solutions to key stake holders, architects, and developers. This not only includes the software to be built, but the development tools, core frameworks, off-the-shelf components and services, security mechanisms, user interaction models, workflows, user interfaces, and desired patterns and methodologies to be implemented on the project.
▪ Execute thorough unit and system testing
▪ Work within the Scrum team to create stories, tasks, estimates, and delivery each Sprint
▪ Follow and contribute to technical standards, coding standards, tools, platforms, and approaches. Help define and create application frameworks and common libraries for a wide variety of solutions, always seeking to reuse code and core frameworks where possible.
▪ Work with the QA team to ensure proper test plan, test coverage, test execution, and defect remediation
Required Skills and Experience
- At least a BS/BA Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 3-5 years experience with Objective-C experience
- 1-2 years experience with Swift, as well as various mobile iOS platforms/frameworks/libraries is required
- Experience developing custom frameworks with a deep understanding of Objective-C design patterns
- Strong unit testing experience in Objective-C and Swift
- Experience with interfacing with RESTful services and consuming JSON or XML
- Strong object oriented experience
- Familiarity with Git
- Experience with Core Data
- Experience developing CocoaPod deployment packages
- Experience using Instruments to tune code and resolve performance issues
- UI development using both Storyboard and XIB files
- Solid grasp of algorithms, memory management, object oriented programming, concurrent programming, and real-time communications
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills
- Candidate must have a commitment to industry best demonstrated practices, source code control, architecture, coding structure, and unit/system testing
- Knowledge of full application life cycle design tools and methodologies, e.g., Agile:Scrum, Extreme Programming
- Excellent multi-tasking skills, managing multiple initiatives at one time in a fast-paced environment
- After hours support as needed
- Strong MS Office, Project and Visio skills
- Occasional travel may be required (primarily U.S.)
- Must pass a criminal background check and drug testing
Nice to Have:
- Experience communicating with external devices through USB, Bluetooth, or TCPIP
- Published multiple applications to the
- App Store Technically competent in other programming languages, including C, C++, C# is considered a plus
- Additional experience with MiFi, the Volume Purchase Program, and OS X development is a plus.
- Strong interest in the tooling/development process with continuous integration
- Data security, encryption handling, compliance, data privacy and laws
As the fastest growing commerce company in the industry, we offer the opportunity for tremendous upward mobility within the company as well as development and professional growth opportunities. FreedomPay provides exceptional benefits including medical, prescription, dental and vision coverage, Life Insurance, 401K, commission sharing plan, and a modern working environment. All positions must be able to successfully pass a background check as well as a credit check.