SQL Database Integration and Reporting Engineer
Engineering – Software Development
The FreedomPay Commerce Platform is the technology of choice for many of the largest companies across the globe in retail, hospitality, lodging, gaming, sports and entertainment, foodservice, education, healthcare and financial services. FreedomPay’s technology has been purposely built to deliver rock solid performance in the highly complex environment of global commerce. The company maintains a world-class security environment and was first to earn the coveted validation by the PCI Security Standards Council against Point-to-Point Encryption (P2PE/EMV) standard in North America. FreedomPay’s robust solutions across payments, security, identity and data analytics are available in-store, online and on-mobile and are supported by rapid API adoption. The award winning FreedomPay Commerce Platform operates on a single, unified technology stack across multiple continents allowing enterprises to deliver a consistent, repeatable experience on a global scale. FreedomPay is a fast paced, high growth company with a great culture with competitive benefits and compensation with a business casual atmosphere.
The company is experiencing explosive growth and looking for a rock star data integration and reporting developer to help us build and maintain our data movement (ETL), visualization (reporting), and database development.
This role is with FreedomPay’s small but exciting Data Services team. This crack team of engineers design, build, and maintain all data related aspects of our products directly or through collaboration. This work includes design, creation, and maintenance of data storage, ETL, reporting, and OLAP solutions. We develop on the SQL Server 2014 stack for the most part with some work against SQL Server 2005 (database/reporting services).
In this role, you will collaborate with team members to design, create, and maintain ETL packages developed with SQL Server Integration Services and reports built with SQL Server Reporting Services. You will work independently and in small teams building SQL Server database objects. As we develop our BI footprint in SQL Server Analysis Services and PowerBI, you’ll support the development of cubes and MDX queries.
- Formal Education & Certification:
- Bachelor Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline; Or, 6-years equivalent work experience
- Technical Experience:
- Mastery of relational concepts including but not limited to tables, keys, indexes, etc.
- Five or more years of experience developing the full range of objects in Microsoft SQL 2008 R2 (or better) databases using SQL and T-SQL
- Four or more years of experience creating and maintaining ETL routines with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS); At least one year of experience with SSIS 2012 (or better) preferred
- Three or more years of experience creating and maintaining ETL routines with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Two or more years collaborating with team members on SQL, T-SQL, SSIS, and SSRS performance tuning problems to resolution
- Working knowledge of deployments utilizing Database Projects and DACPACs preferred
- Some basic C# knowledge a plus
- Collaborates with team members inside and outside of data services group to develop solutions
- Develops positive working relationships with client contacts and other team members
- Presents ideas clearly in written and verbal communication
- Executes tasks independently
- Continually develops skills as it applies to position
- SSIS: Parameters, variables, expressions, parallelism, data flow development, export and import feeds to either OLTP or OLAP systems
- SSRS: Drill down, graphs, expressions, parameters, solution/project organization, data sets
- SQL/T-SQL: Can construct queries, DML and DDL statements
As the fastest growing commerce company in the industry, we offer the opportunity for tremendous upward mobility within the company as well as development and professional growth opportunities. FreedomPay provides exceptional benefits including medical, prescription, dental and vision coverage, Life Insurance, 401K, commission sharing plan, and a modern working environment. All positions must be able to successfully pass a background check as well as a credit check.