Applications Support Specialist
Infrastructure – Platform Operations
The FreedomPay Commerce Platform is the technology of choice for many of the largest companies across the globe in retail, hospitality, lodging, gaming, sports and entertainment, foodservice, education, healthcare and financial services. FreedomPay’s technology has been purposely built to deliver rock solid performance in the highly complex environment of global commerce. The company maintains a world-class security environment and was first to earn the coveted validation by the PCI Security Standards Council against Point-to-Point Encryption (P2PE/EMV) standard in North America. FreedomPay’s robust solutions across payments, security, identity and data analytics are available in-store, online and on-mobile and are supported by rapid API adoption. The award winning FreedomPay Commerce Platform operates on a single, unified technology stack across multiple continents allowing enterprises to deliver a consistent, repeatable experience on a global scale. FreedomPay is a fast paced, high growth company with a great culture with competitive benefits and compensation with a business casual atmosphere.
The Applications Support Specialist to help drive the support of our growing complex environment. In this role you will become intimate with the wide variety of systems and data. You will provide a wide range of research, analysis, support, and recommendations around our payment processing, web application, and analytic environments. We have systems built with the latest web technologies, .Net, web services, 3rd party integrations, high volume transaction processing systems, and with complex business logic.
Skills & Job Responsibilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Develops positive working relationships with client contacts and internal team members; Partner directly with internal personnel to troubleshoot application issues and questions
- Collaborates with team members inside and outside of data services group on triage, problem solving, and root cause analysis
- Executes tasks independently while maintaining effective communications within the Application Support team.
- Ability to quickly learn and support the application from a database perspective, performing analysis, research, data comparisons, and resolution for level 2/3 support
- Strong experience with MS Excel, other MS Office tools and related programs
- Experience using tracking tools such as Jira, ClearCase, etc.
- Experience/ability to create standard operating procedures, run books, and knowledge bases
- Support a variety of production processes on a daily basis. Most processes require failure analysis, correction, and re-execution
- Ensuring accurate and timely trouble ticket resolution, make prioritization decisions, and ensure effective communication regarding issue status to internal and external personnel
- Quick Learner, ability to multi-task, and aptitude to grow in skills and responsibility quickly
- Enjoys fast paced multi-tasking environments
Required Technical Experience:
- Produce complex ad-hoc queries and reports requested by internal and external customers using SQL/T-SQL; Expert level with SQL query writing, data extracting, and compilation (MS SQL)
- Understanding of relational concepts including but not limited to tables, keys, indexes, etc., high performing queries, and approach to data and analytics
- Ability to comprehend complex application data and related application and business processes
- Ability to correct data issues and re-run SQL jobs
- Ability to provide data analysis and reconciliation analysis reports across a variety of platforms and applications (transactional, web, administrative) using MSRS reports, queries, MS Excel, and other tools
- Experience supporting software applications across production, test, and QA environments
Formal Education & Certification:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Mathematics, MIS, or related discipline
- 4+ years equivalent work experience; data analysis, query writing, reporting, analytics
- 4+ years of experience supporting applications, providing tier 2+ technical support
- Experience in payments processing or financial services
- Experience with point of sale systems
- SSRS report creation and support
- SSIS creation and support
As the fastest growing commerce company in the industry, we offer the opportunity for tremendous upward mobility within the company as well as development and professional growth opportunities. FreedomPay provides exceptional benefits including medical, prescription, dental and vision coverage, Life Insurance, 401K, commission sharing plan, and a modern working environment. All positions must be able to successfully pass a background check as well as a credit check.