Sr. Software Engineer - Offramps
Engineering – Software Development
The FreedomPay Commerce Platform is the technology of choice for many of the largest companies across the globe in retail, hospitality, lodging, gaming, sports and entertainment, foodservice, education, healthcare and financial services. FreedomPay’s technology has been purposely built to deliver rock solid performance in the highly complex environment of global commerce. The company maintains a world-class security environment and was first to earn the coveted validation by the PCI Security Standards Council against Point-to-Point Encryption (P2PE/EMV) standard in North America. FreedomPay’s robust solutions across payments, security, identity and data analytics are available in-store, online and on-mobile and are supported by rapid API adoption. The award winning FreedomPay Commerce Platform operates on a single, unified technology stack across multiple continents allowing enterprises to deliver a consistent, repeatable experience on a global scale. FreedomPay is a fast paced, high growth company with a great culture with competitive benefits and compensation with a business casual atmosphere.
Job Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
▪ Participate in business requirements gathering activities and documenting the requirements, business and system process flows, data flows, system integration definitions, application requirements, interactions and dependencies with components, and conceptual designs
▪ Architect and design aspects of the system, producing a technical design document and present/communicate the architecture and software solutions to key stake holders, architects, and developers. This not only includes the software to be built, but the development tools, core frameworks, off-the-shelf components and services, security mechanisms, user interaction models, workflows, user interfaces, and desired patterns and methodologies to be implemented on the project.
▪ Provide input into architecting the hardware environment, services platform, application platform, and database.
▪ Work within the Scrum team to create stories, tasks, estimates, and delivery each Sprint
▪ Follow and contribute to technical standards, coding standards, tools, platforms, and approaches. Help define and create application frameworks and common libraries for a wide variety of solutions, always seeking to reuse code and core frameworks where possible.
▪ Work with the QA team to ensure proper test plan, test coverage, test execution, and defect remediation
▪ Partner with processors on certification process and use strong communication skills and attention to details to turn technical specs into coded solutions.
- At least a BS/BA Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- A minimum of 8 years experience as a Software Developer/Engineer
- Experience in high volume transactional processing environments, preferably financial or payment related, is a plus
- Strong English written and verbal interpersonal communication skills
- Deep experience with Microsoft technology stack, as well as an understanding of competitive technologies, including:
- .Net 3.5+, VS 2008+
- C#, ASP.net, strong object oriented experience
- Web services; WCF, SOA, RESTful services (developing and consuming)
- SQL 2008+, Oracle 10+
- Liquibase, SVN, Tortoise, SCM, Jenkins, Cruise Control, Team Foundation Server
- Mobile experience is a plus; Xamarin, Objective C, iOS, Android and Win phone platforms
- Technically competent in other programming languages, including C, C++, and/or Java considered a plus
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), enterprise service bus experience such as BizTalk, TIBCO, etc.
- Strong database design experience including entity relational diagrams, stored procedure coding
- SSIS, SSRS, and ETL processing is a plus
- Abstract thinking skills and employing experience and knowledge to create innovative solutions
- Knowledge of full application life cycle design tools and methodologies, e.g., Agile:Scrum,
- Experience designing Windows Applications and Services
- Excellent multi-tasking skills, managing multiple initiatives at one time in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with accurate task estimating and planning, working in a team oriented and collaborative environment as well as a high pressure and fast paced organization
- Data security, encryption handling, compliance, data privacy and laws
- Strong MS Office, and Visio skills
- Occasional travel may be required (U.S.)
- Must pass a criminal background check and drug testing
As the fastest growing commerce company in the industry, we offer the opportunity for tremendous upward mobility within the company as well as development and professional growth opportunities. FreedomPay provides exceptional benefits including medical, prescription, dental and vision coverage, Life Insurance, 401K, commission sharing plan, and a modern working environment. All positions must be able to successfully pass a background check as well as a credit check.