Sr. Software Engineer - Offramps
Engineering – Software Development
The FreedomPay Commerce Platform is the technology of choice for many of the largest companies across the globe in retail, hospitality, lodging, gaming, sports and entertainment, foodservice, education, healthcare and financial services. FreedomPay’s technology has been purposely built to deliver rock solid performance in the highly complex environment of global commerce. The company maintains a world-class security environment and was first to earn the coveted validation by the PCI Security Standards Council against Point-to-Point Encryption (P2PE/EMV) standard in North America. FreedomPay’s robust solutions across payments, security, identity and data analytics are available in-store, online and on-mobile and are supported by rapid API adoption. The award winning FreedomPay Commerce Platform operates on a single, unified technology stack across multiple continents allowing enterprises to deliver a consistent, repeatable experience on a global scale. FreedomPay is a fast paced, high growth company with a great culture with competitive benefits and compensation with a business casual atmosphere.
We are seeking an individual with exemplary software engineering skills. FreedomPay is a unique payment technology company that creates state of the art high traffic web technology, software development kits, device drivers and configuration, and data warehousing. This is a full-time salaried position. You will join a team of world class engineers solving complex problems.
- Build and enhance suite of web services across multiple products, platforms, and applications
- Analyze requirements and translate specifications into system designs
- Apply systems thinking to create solutions across environments and products
- Collaborate in the selection of software development tools and frameworks
- Interface with point of sale systems, web services, hardware devices, and data warehouses
- Influence product design by being the voice of maintainability
- Ensure the delivery of high quality and rigorously consistent products
- Contribute to the design of the company's software standards
- Code application libraries for re-usability and test ability.
- Define projects, tasks, and release deliverables
- Contribute to software process improvement
- Automate continuous delivery pipeline
- Strive to become a subject matter expert in FreedomPay products and the payment industry.
- Interface with internal and external stakeholders
- Learn and adapt to the ever-changing hardware and software environments of payment systems and processing
- Publish training material and other technical documentation
- Capably perform all software engineering responsibilities
- Systems thinking, exemplary technical expertise, and creative problem solving
- High integrity, role ownership and passion, and communication leadership
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team environment
- Comfortable with agile and test-driven development
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline OR Certified Software Engineer, Certified Solutions Developers, or related certification
- 8 years experience in software engineering, quality engineering, release engineering, or related roles
- Must pass a criminal and credit background check
Preferred Job Experience
- Web services including REST, Soap, WCF
- C#, .NET Core, and Microsoft Visual Studio development environment
- Bitbucket and Git source control
- T-SQL and MS SQL Server database
- TeamCity and Artifactory automation
- Payment industry practices and point of sale hardware and software
- Jira Software, Jira Portfolio, Confluence, Microsoft Office, and SharePoint collaboration
- IIS and WCF delivery
- Data security, encryption, and PCI compliance
As the fastest growing commerce company in the industry, we offer the opportunity for tremendous upward mobility within the company as well as development and professional growth opportunities. FreedomPay provides exceptional benefits including medical, prescription, dental and vision coverage, Life Insurance, 401K with company match, commission sharing plan, and a modern working environment. All positions must be able to successfully pass a background check as well as a credit check.