Engineering – Architecture
The FreedomPay Commerce Platform is the technology of choice for many of the largest companies across the globe in retail, hospitality, lodging, gaming, sports and entertainment, foodservice, education, healthcare and financial services. FreedomPay’s technology has been purposely built to deliver rock solid performance in the highly complex environment of global commerce. The company maintains a world-class security environment and was first to earn the coveted validation by the PCI Security Standards Council against Point-to-Point Encryption (P2PE/EMV) standard in North America. FreedomPay’s robust solutions across payments, security, identity and data analytics are available in-store, online and on-mobile and are supported by rapid API adoption. The award winning FreedomPay Commerce Platform operates on a single, unified technology stack across multiple continents allowing enterprises to deliver a consistent, repeatable experience on a global scale. FreedomPay is a fast paced, high growth company with a great culture with competitive benefits and compensation with a business casual atmosphere.
The Technical Writer reports to the Software Architecture team and is focused on delivering detailed and easily understandable documentation for both internal teams and external clients. You will work closely with project managers, engineers, testers, analysts, stakeholders, and various subject matter experts. You will create user guides, instruction manuals, and other supporting documentation to ensure that users and clients have the resources to properly utilize FreedomPay’s services. The successful candidate will need to work with SMEs across the organization to understand business and technical processes in order to create thorough and accurate documents for users and clients.
At FreedomPay, the Technical Writer will directly impact how users and clients interact with and use a variety of services. They will also be involved with preserving critical, client-sensitive information, improving training quality, and improving customer satisfaction through clear and concise documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university – A modest preference will be given to those who have studied STEM or business disciplines.
- Strong written communication skills – Candidates must be adept at synthesizing, simplifying, and conveying complex concepts into information that can be digested by a less-technical audience.
- Strong time management skills – Comfortable working in a fast-paced, somewhat unstructured, and entrepreneurial environment; a demonstrated willingness to identify business needs and propose approaches for adding structure is a huge plus.
- Client-centric attitude – Capable of understanding client issues and requests, and then translating them into an appropriate deliverable or request.
- Self-starter, quick learner, high energy – Candidate must be able to work autonomously and be dynamic when priorities shift.
- Possess an eagerness to learn – Seeking individuals who are passionate about technology and want to dig into the details of the platform and services we provide, both technically (how they work) and from a merchant’s perspective (how they are used).
- Comfortable with cross-functional engagement – The role will be multifaceted and is expected to entail engagement with team members from virtually every group within FreedomPay
- Familiar with software used by BAs, PMs, and in similar roles – Ideal candidate will have experience with some combination of MS Project, Lucid Chart, MS Office, Jira, Confluence, and Baslamiq.
- Entry to mid-level experience working on software development-related IT projects across multi-faceted teams.
- Experience translating business processes into user-facing artifacts. You will be asked to take detailed notes, document business processes, simplify technical concepts for less-technical users, and assist in applicable various tasks.
- Experience within the payments and/or financial services industry is not required, but highly preferred.
- Create user guides that assist customers in understanding how to properly utilize products and services.
- Assist in the documentation of technical specifications for products for both internal and external consumption.
- Document business processes in terms that can easily be understood by both technical and less-technical audiences.
As the fastest growing commerce company in the industry, we offer the opportunity for tremendous upward mobility within the company as well as development and professional growth opportunities. FreedomPay provides exceptional benefits including medical, prescription, dental and vision coverage, Life Insurance, 401K with company match, commission sharing plan, and a modern working environment. All positions must be able to successfully pass a background check as well as a credit check.