Senior Software Engineer
Engineering – Software Development
The FreedomPay Commerce Platform is the technology of choice for many of the largest companies across the globe in retail, hospitality, lodging, gaming, sports and entertainment, foodservice, education, healthcare and financial services. FreedomPay’s technology has been purposely built to deliver rock solid performance in the highly complex environment of global commerce. The company maintains a world-class security environment and was first to earn the coveted validation by the PCI Security Standards Council against Point-to-Point Encryption (P2PE/EMV) standard in North America. FreedomPay’s robust solutions across payments, security, identity and data analytics are available in-store, online and on-mobile and are supported by rapid API adoption. The award winning FreedomPay Commerce Platform operates on a single, unified technology stack across multiple continents allowing enterprises to deliver a consistent, repeatable experience on a global scale. FreedomPay is a fast paced, high growth company with a great culture with competitive benefits and compensation with a business casual atmosphere.
Summary: Senior Software Engineer has multiple responsibilities including solution and software design and architecting, software development, and multi-threaded asynchronous software development supporting high performing transaction handling with complex secure system integrations. Senior Software Engineer leverages various frameworks, patterns, API’s, and tools. Senior Software Engineer has shared accountability for the quality of the solution and ensures seamless integration and implementations. Senior Software Engineer reports to the Director of Software Development.
Job Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Build properly structured, well commented solutions for complex integrations to payment devices, primarily Equinox and Ingenico applications;
- Work closely with manufacturer’s API’s and coding within our custom class libraries to support those API’s to handle complex payment flows;
- Create test harnesses and integrate the new components into existing harnesses and libraries;
- Execute thorough unit and system testing;
- Work within the Scrum team to create stories, tasks, estimates, and delivery each Sprint;
- Follow and contribute to technical standards, coding standards, tools, platforms, and approaches. Help define and create application frameworks and common libraries for a wide variety of solutions, always seeking to reuse code and core frameworks where possible;
- Work with the QA team to ensure proper test plan, test coverage, test execution, and defect remediation.
Required Skills and Experience:
- At least a BS/BA Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS or related field;
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience as a Software Developer/Engineer;
- Two years in the payments and/or commerce industry;
- Experience with “low level” device communication, protocols, and API integrations
- Experience with windows applications and services;
- Experience in high volume transactional processing environments, preferably financial or payment related, is a plus;
- Strong English written and verbal interpersonal communication skills;
- Deep experience with Microsoft technology stack, as well as an understanding of competitive technologies, including:
- Net 4.0+, VS 2012+
- C#, strong object oriented experience
- Windows applications
- Standalone robust multi-threaded windows services
- Coding to interface with devices. It is desired to have experience integrating with POS devices, for example: Equinox , Verifone, Ingenico, ID Tech, Magtek
- Interfacing with external web services of all types (REST, SOAP, Web API, etc.)
- Experience coding to devices that communicate via USB, WiFi or Ethernet, Blue Tooth, and/or Serial
- Creating Software Development Kits for other integrators to integrate to our software
- Building and Documenting external interfaces for 3rd party consumption
- Experience working with MS SQL, SQLLite, or other RDMS’s
- Working knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards, including TCP/IP socket programming, WCF, http and https handling, WiFi, GPRS, SSH, SSL, etc.
- Liquibase, GIT, SVN, Tortoise, SCM, Jenkins, Cruise Control, Team Foundation Server
- Technically competent in other programming languages, including C, C++, and/or Java considered a plus
- Create and enhance products and services as well as test harnesses and test clients;
- Abstract thinking skills and employing experience and knowledge to create innovative solutions;
- Knowledge of full application life cycle design tools and methodologies, e.g., Agile:Scrum;
- Excellent multi-tasking skills, managing multiple initiatives at one time in a fast-paced environment;
- Experience with accurate project estimating and planning, working in a team oriented and collaborative environment, working in a high pressure and fast paced organization;
- Understanding of data security, encryption handling, compliance, data privacy and laws;
- Must pass a criminal background check and drug testing.
- 2929 Walnut Street, 14h Floor, Philadelphia, PA 19104
As the fastest growing commerce company in the industry, we offer the opportunity for tremendous upward mobility within the company as well as development and professional growth opportunities. FreedomPay provides exceptional benefits including medical, prescription, dental and vision coverage, Life Insurance, 401K with company match, commission sharing plan, and a modern working environment. All positions must be able to successfully pass a background check as well as a credit check.