Sr. IT Delivery Manager - PM
Engineering – IT Delivery Management
The FreedomPay Commerce Platform is the technology of choice for many of the largest companies across the globe in retail, hospitality, lodging, gaming, sports and entertainment, foodservice, education, healthcare and financial services. FreedomPay’s technology has been purposely built to deliver rock solid performance in the highly complex environment of global commerce. The company maintains a world-class security environment and was first to earn the coveted validation by the PCI Security Standards Council against Point-to-Point Encryption (P2PE/EMV) standard in North America. FreedomPay’s robust solutions across payments, security, identity and data analytics are available in-store, online and on-mobile and are supported by rapid API adoption. The award winning FreedomPay Commerce Platform operates on a single, unified technology stack across multiple continents allowing enterprises to deliver a consistent, repeatable experience on a global scale. FreedomPay is a fast paced, high growth company with a great culture with competitive benefits and compensation with a business casual atmosphere.
The Sr. IT Delivery Manager - PM is focused on managing multiple work streams to deliver new products, services, and enhancements to our platform and product suite. You will work closely with customers and partners across enterprises, large and small, to manage projects through the full software development life cycle. This includes requirements definitions, coordinating engineering and design activities, project and resource planning, prioritization, Agile SCRUM story boarding, development, testing, and implementation. The Senior Project Managers work closely with Senior Management, Account Managers, Engineering, Systems Integration, QA, and our technical support teams.
- Manage software delivery and certification projects through all phases of the life cycle to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget
- Successfully manage the relationship with the client, stakeholders, partners, and vendors through the delivery of each project.
- Work directly with clients (at all levels of management) to establish and define scope, high level and detailed requirements. Demonstrated knowledge of the products and services and how to best fit existing offerings with customer’s requirements. You will become a high-level expert on FreedomPay’s platforms and offerings and be able to fill in gaps on the fly and bring back specifics for the engineering team to answer.
- Participate in the creation of statement of work contracts, proposals, quotes and estimates, project budgets
- Manage all facets of project artifacts and documentation (requirements, design, release information, training material, flow diagrams, communication artifacts, approvals, etc.)
- Structure deliverables into stories and help drive Sprint plans and sprint execution, work with management on resource allocation and prioritization
- Manage and track all deliverables to the work/project plan, own the plan, ensure on time on budget delivery. Collaborate with other project managers, delivery managers, and senior managers to align resources to the plan
- Establish communication plans and schedules. Provide frequent project updates to all stakeholders within FreedomPay and the client
- Coordinate meetings with clients, partners, integrators, and internal resources such as engineers, system integration analysts, etc.
- Coordinate and manage vendor or 3rd party work streams. Closely align with client and vendor project managers on timely and successful delivery
- Track and report all project expenditures
- Act as the single point of contact for all delivery streams as it relates to software development, system integrations, certifications, and quality assurance
- Participate in pre-sales calls with Account Managers and Sales Representatives as needed
- Recommend and implement internal process, policy, and quality improvements
- Participate in strategic planning initiatives for products and services, product roadmap and tactical discussions. Participate in aligning IT with business goals and objectives
- Foster a culture of team work, collaboration, proactive and positive communication
- Actively take various roles outside of the immediate responsibilities as needed on an interim basis; such as account management, customer facing support and first point of contact, assist in implementation coordination (point of sale setup and deployment), help coordinate production support and resolution
- Project Managers work standard work weeks but may be required to work some evenings and weekends to meet project milestones
- Travel, primarily within the U.S., less than 30%.
- Bachelor Degree or higher in Engineering, Computer Science, Management, MIS, or related discipline
- Multiple Relevant Industry Certifications and classes: Project Management (i.e. PMP, PRINCE II), SCRUM Master, Ethics, Communication, Management
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, somewhat unstructured, and entrepreneurial environment
- Capable of understanding client issues and requests, then translating them into an appropriate solution
- Self-starter, strong management presence, quick learner
- Possess an eagerness to learn the details of the platform and services we provide, both technically (how they work) and from a merchant’s perspective (how they are used)
- MS Project, MS Office, MS Visio
- Agile tools, such as Jira, Rally, VersionOne
- 8+ years delivering software development related IT projects across multi-faceted teams
- Demonstrated strong leadership, decision making, risk management, and problem solving skills and experience
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple concurrent work streams
- Comfortable in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment
- Interfacing with external and internal stake holders and SME’s, and C-level personnel
- Delivered projects using various software development methodologies, including Waterfall, and Agile SCRUM
- Experience translating business process and requirements into deliverables. You will be asked to conduct “JAD” sessions with clients to help guide and drive requirements definitions.
- Experience within the payments and/or financial services industry a plus
As the fastest growing commerce company in the industry, we offer the opportunity for tremendous upward mobility within the company as well as development and professional growth opportunities. FreedomPay provides exceptional benefits including medical, prescription, dental and vision coverage, Life Insurance, 401K with company match, commission sharing plan, and a modern working environment. All positions must be able to successfully pass a background check as well as a credit check.