Sr. Software Architect
Engineering – Architecture
The FreedomPay Commerce Platform is the technology of choice for many of the largest companies across the globe in retail, hospitality, lodging, gaming, sports and entertainment, foodservice, education, healthcare and financial services. FreedomPay’s technology has been purposely built to deliver rock solid performance in the highly complex environment of global commerce. The company maintains a world-class security environment and was first to earn the coveted validation by the PCI Security Standards Council against Point-to-Point Encryption (P2PE/EMV) standard in North America. FreedomPay’s robust solutions across payments, security, identity and data analytics are available in-store, online and on-mobile and are supported by rapid API adoption. The award winning FreedomPay Commerce Platform operates on a single, unified technology stack across multiple continents allowing enterprises to deliver a consistent, repeatable experience on a global scale. FreedomPay is a fast paced, high growth company with a great culture with competitive benefits and compensation with a business casual atmosphere.
We are currently seeking a seasoned Sr. Software Architect with experience in the Microsoft technology stack (.NET, C#, SQL) and various other technologies. In this full-time, salaried position, they will join a team of world class architects, engineers and developers solving complex problems.
This position will have multiple responsibilities including solution architecting and software design of complex systems. The right candidate will be comfortable with systems integration and have experience bringing sub-systems together into a single system. The software architect must be able to leverage various frameworks, patterns, and tools. They will have shared accountability for the quality of the solution and ensure seamless integration and implementations. This position will report to the Director of Software Architecture.
- Analyze and understand client’s technology environment including system process and data flows, integrations, interactions and dependencies, and conceptual designs
- Understand and participate in the entirety of the enterprise architecture, systems, services, platforms, and technology
- Participate in business requirements gathering activities with project managers, business systems analysts, and other architects
- Conduct white board design sessions with clients, both internal and external
- Architect complex software solutions using business requirements and produce appropriate artifacts such as functional and operational requirements, and software prototypes
- Present/communicate the architecture and software solutions to key stake holders, team members, and developers
- Understanding of architectural design patterns, their strengths and weaknesses, and when it’s appropriate to use them
- Work within Scrum teams to create Epics and Development Requests and provide estimates
- Follow, enforce, and contribute to technical and coding standards and approaches to promote reuse and consistency
- Facilitate and conduct regular code reviews to ensure best demonstrated practices and proper architecture
- Collaborate with the QA team to ensure proper test plan, test coverage, test execution, and defect remediation
- Provide expertise and oversight to developers for solution delivery, from a technical/architecture perspective
Required Skills and Experience
- At least a BS/BA Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- A minimum of 10 years experience as a Software Developer/Engineer/Architect
- A minimum of 2 years experience in high volume transactional processing environments including multi-threaded services and service bus implementations (preferably financial or payment related industry)
- Strong English written and verbal interpersonal communication skills
- Broad experience with Microsoft technology stack, as well as an understanding of competitive technologies
- .NET and Visual Studio
- C#, ASP.NET, strong object-oriented experience
- Web services; WCF, SOA, RESTful services
- SQL 20012+, Oracle 10+
- Cloud services and platforms such as AWS, Azure, etc.
- Service bus and event hub architecture
- CICD with team city, octopus deploy, etc.
- Git, Bitbucket, SVN, Artifactory, NuGet, Docker Containerization
- Strong database design and performance experience
- Experience designing systems that handle large amounts of secure data
- Experience developing, designing, and architecting the properly sized solutions for small, medium and large complex software and database systems within large enterprise environments that include complex system integrations and processes; successfully communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale to build consensus
- Abstract thinking skills and employing experience and knowledge to create innovative solutions
- Experience architecting mobile and distributed applications and platforms including complex distributed service environments (SOA, distributed windows applications and services, and SDK’s)
- An ability to articulate architectural differences between solution methods and the challenges and approaches to integrating solutions built on different platforms including a working knowledge of different architectural frameworks that may be used by our customers and our development teams.
- Experience developing Multithreaded services (windows services)
- Resolve technical problems, disputes, and make tradeoffs as appropriate
- Manage risk identification and risk mitigation strategies associated with the architecture
- Ensure the architecture is sustainable, deployable, and secure
- Excellent multi-tasking skills, managing multiple initiatives at one time in a fast-paced environment
- Strong MS Office, Project and Visio skills
- Travel may be required (U.S. and International)
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience with Xamarin, Objective C, iOS, Android and Win phone platforms
- Experience with strategies for migration to microservices and Service Fabric in a brownfield environment
- Technical competence in other programming languages such as C, C++, and Java
As the fastest growing commerce company in the industry, we offer the opportunity for tremendous upward mobility within the company as well as development and professional growth opportunities. FreedomPay provides exceptional benefits including medical, prescription, dental and vision coverage, Life Insurance, 401K with company match, commission sharing plan, and a modern working environment. All positions must be able to successfully pass a background check as well as a credit check.