People Partner - Onboarding & Membership Experience (m/f/d)
People, Commercial and Organization /
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
freiheit.com is an internet pioneer, founded in Hamburg in 1999 and developing digital online products for international clients. We have completed hundreds of successful large-scale projects. Our digital products are used by millions of users with thousands of requests per second. We are known for our high reputation in the market and are highly valued by our members for our strong and unique sense of community.
For over 24 years, we have been working for the “Who's Who” of German and European industrial and commercial companies – across all sectors. Trade, automotive, e-commerce, healthcare and more. We have ambitious targets for growth in the coming years and are therefore expanding our international team, especially in the commercial area.
What drives us all is the common desire to constantly learn, improve and grow personally. The question we always ask ourselves is: What do we need to do to bring our engineers, the team, the community to the next level?
We currently have a team of 200 people from 29 nations in our engineering hubs in Hamburg and Lisbon and are still growing over both hubs, especially in Lisbon.
And that is why we are currently looking for a People Partner - Onboarding & Membership Experience to join our strong and experienced People Team in supporting every member of freiheit.com in facing future challenges.
ABOUT YOUR JOB
- As part of the People Team, you take end-to-end responsibility for our onboarding process to create a first class experience for our new freiheit.com members.
- From the moment a new member has decided to start their journey with freiheit.com, you will be their Newbie People Partner and guide them through their onboarding until the end of their probationary period. To build up a trustful relationship with every Newbie, you conduct monthly check-in meetings to gain insights about their onboarding experience, to find out how they settle within our freiheit.com community and to offer the support they need.
- As the Newbie People Partner you connect all the dots to ensure that each Newbie finds their place within the freiheit.com community as fast as possible. You accompany the newbie through all phases of the onboarding experience: introducing them to the community, supporting them in their visa and relocation needs and making sure they have all the information and training they need to let the journey begin.
- You continuously are looking for ways to support our whole community. You bring in your ideas, drive them forward and take over end-to-end responsibility for your projects (e.g. member survey, cross-hub Meet ups) that adds value to all members of freiheit.com.
- You proactively develop our internal processes further (e.g. automate processes, analyze data, improve issuance of employee certificates) in order to remain as lean as possible.
- You are passionate about creating an optimal work environment for all our members, while never losing focus on your team- and company goals.
- You are an empathetic person and can put yourself in the shoes of our members to support them in the best possible way. You are willing to learn something new every day. You improve yourself and our processes continuously.
- You are an honest person, have a sense of humor and you want to make a difference with your ideas and your skills.
- You have a degree or a completed professional training and have already gained at least two years of work experience, preferably in the areas of people & culture. Career changers are also warmly welcome to apply.
- You are able to communicate in English fluently, which is important since the majority of our members have an international background. At the same time your job implies conversations with German authorities, so very good German language skills are also a requirement.
- You can always rely on your excellent organizational skills that enable you to prioritize multiple tasks and you can quickly navigate yourself through new tools (e.g. HRIS).
- Ideally you have gained previous experience with accompanying visa processes. A plus would be a basic knowledge in labor and social security law (for Germany and/or Portugal).
ABOUT OUR COMMUNITY
Over 85% of our colleagues are engineers with excellent university degrees in computer science, mathematics or physics. A compact commercial team accompanies the software development by effectively managing all commercial processes around our projects. Our open office is located in the heart of Hamburg in the middle of St. Pauli. The central meeting point is 6Fwd - our social area with a panoramic view over Hamburg. This is where our events like HackerTalks, RPG (Role-Playing-Games) and poker nights or jam sessions take place. And of course our legendary barbecue parties and culture nights.
WANT TO JOIN US?
Send us your complete application (CV and references) via our applicant portal. If you have any questions about your application or the application process, please contact Lena Oechtering personally at +49 40/890584-0.