Hackers wanted – Software Engineers
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
freiheit.com’s software engineers have been building large-scale software systems since 1999. We are internet pioneers and we have delivered hundreds of projects for our customers that are used by millions of users with thousands of requests per second since then.
In the last two decades we have been constantly reinventing and improving ourselves. Self-Improvement and learning are deeply ingrained into our company's DNA and in the personality of all of our team members. We tackle new and interesting problems all the time and very often create things that nobody has built before.
At heart we are an unusual, innovative and bold engineering company. 85% of our people are engineers with backgrounds in Computer Science, Physics or Mathematics, many also with strong machine learning backgrounds.
We hire the top ranking students directly from university or from their first work experience and actively develop them to become well-rounded software engineers.
From our Engineering Hubs in Hamburg and Lisbon we work for large and mid-sized companies to reinvent their future with technology.
ABOUT YOUR JOB
· You start in one of our engineering teams. Team size is maximum five people.
· You will receive a lot of introductory training in the first weeks about the technologies you are going to use in your project. The trainings are conducted by software engineers from our own company.
· You are involved in every part of the software engineering process and in the lifecycle of the services that your team is building - design, development, testing, deployment, maintenance, operations and improving software based on user feedback and usage data.
· You work closely with our customers to iteratively improve their product offering by conceiving, refining and delivering new ideas.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related fields like Mathematics or Physics
· Experience in C/C++, Python or Java
· Ability to learn fast
Bonus skills or interests:
· Master or PhD in Computer Science or related fields like Mathematics or Physics
· Algorithms and data structures, understanding time & space complexity
· Experience in front end development, like ReactJS, Angular, Vue or Flutter/Dart
· Functional programming with Common Lisp, Clojure or Haskell
· Experience working with distributed systems in the Cloud
· Experience in Machine Learning and Data Science
· Competitive Programming
ABOUT OUR COMMUNITY
In our Engineering Hubs in Hamburg and Lisbon you will meet people from all over the world, different cultures, colors, languages, genders and lifestyles. We celebrate diversity and openness.
When you ask anybody why they are working here, it is pretty likely that people will say “because of the people” and “because I have never learnt so much in my life”. Our company is a place to be yourself, aim high, taking care of each other and growing without limits.
Of course we have a beautiful office in a very nice area of each city, a place to hang-out and play pool and have fun with your team members. But more important is that we offer you the ability to work on interesting things and owning a complete large-scale project from idea to implementation and operations. You have the opportunity to learn from senior engineers, work in a well-organized and well-managed company and start a fulfilling career in tech.
P.S.: Although we visit our customers regularly, all team members are working mainly from Hamburg or Lisbon and not on the customers’ premises.
DO YOU WANT TO BE PART OF OUR TEAM?
Then send us your complete application documents (curriculum vitae and references) via email or our application portal. And if you have any questions about your application or the application process, Lena Oechtering is available to you personally on +49 40/890584-0.