Senior Security Engineer
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
freiheit.com’s software engineers have been building large-scale software systems since 1999. We are internet pioneers and we have delivered hundreds of projects for our customers that are used by millions of users with thousands of requests per second since then.
In the last two decades we have been constantly reinventing and improving ourselves. Self-Improvement and learning are deeply ingrained into our company's DNA and in the personality of all of our team members. We tackle new and interesting problems all the time and very often create things that nobody has built before.
At heart we are an unusual, innovative and bold engineering company. 85% of our people are engineers with backgrounds in Computer Science, Physics or Mathematics, many also with strong machine learning backgrounds. We hire the top ranking students directly from university or from their first work experience and actively develop them to become well-rounded software engineers.
From our Engineering Hubs in Hamburg and Lisbon we work for large and mid-sized companies to reinvent their future with technology.
ABOUT YOUR JOB
· We strongly believe that security is an engineering topic. That is why we believe that only a true engineer can be responsible for
security at freiheit.com. Only if you know how things work, can you design processes and policies to keep us and our data
safe and secure.
· You will design and implement the infrastructure so you can introduce simple and yet reliable and secure processes
· As you are an engineer by heart you will write code to automate manual tasks. You know it is the only way, anyway.
· Yet you are also responsible for our ISMS (Information Security Management System) and ensure that it is always up to date
and the rules and regulations in the ISMS are reasonable and helpful. And you will work together with our Data Protection
Officer to ensure we are compliant with the GDPR.
· You will also empower our members by teaching them about security. Both by designing trainings and by helping them to create
secure infrastructure in their projects.
· The job profile is a great opportunity for software engineers who want to broaden their spectrum towards security and
compliance and also want to do strategic work.
· We also think that a tiny dose of obsessive compulsive disorder might be helpful ;-) At least you should have a strong desire to
do things the right way and are very meticulous about your work.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related fields like Mathematics, Physics or Electrical Engineering
· Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
· Experience in UNIX systems administration
· Programming experience – ideally in Go
· High influence on the technical success of their past projects
· Ability to learn fast
Bonus skills or interests:
· Master or PhD in Computer Science or related fields like Mathematics or Physics
· Experience in Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure
· Experience with observability (logging, monitoring, alerting, tracing)
· Experience with networking
· Experience with security
· Experience working with distributed systems in the Cloud (Terraform)
· Experience in setting up CI/CD pipelines
ABOUT OUR COMMUNITY
In our Engineering Hubs in Hamburg and Lisbon you will meet people from all over the world, different cultures, colors, languages, genders and lifestyles. We celebrate diversity and openness.
When you ask anybody why they are working here, it is pretty likely that people will say “because of the people” and “because I have never learnt so much in my life”. Our company is a place to be yourself, aim high, taking care of each other and growing without limits.
Of course we have a beautiful office in a very nice area of each city, a place to hang-out and play pool and have fun with your team members. But more important is that we offer you the ability to work on interesting things and owning a complete large-scale project from idea to implementation and operations. You have the opportunity to learn from senior engineers, work in a well-organized and well-managed company and start a fulfilling career in tech.
P.S.: Although we visit our customers regularly, all team members are working mainly from Hamburg or Lisbon and not on the customers’ premises.
DO YOU WANT TO BE PART OF OUR TEAM?
Then send us your complete application documents (curriculum vitae and references) via email or our application portal. And if you have any questions about your application or the application process, Lena Oechtering is available on +49 40/890584-0.