Strategic People Partner (Learning & Development) - (m/f/d)
People, Commercial and Organization /
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
freiheit.com is an internet pioneer, founded in Hamburg in 1999 and developing digital online products for international clients. We have completed hundreds of successful large-scale projects. Our digital products are used by millions of users with thousands of requests per second. We are known for our high reputation in the market and are highly valued by our members for our strong and unique sense of community.
For over 24 years, we have been working for the “Who's Who” of German and European industrial and commercial companies – across all sectors. Trade, automotive, e-commerce, healthcare and more. We have ambitious targets for growth in the coming years and are therefore expanding our international team, especially in the commercial area.
We currently have a team of 200 people from 29 nations in our engineering hubs in Hamburg and Lisbon and are still growing over both hubs, especially in Lisbon. To master this growth we need a strong and experienced People Team to support everyone in facing future challenges.
What drives us all is the common desire to constantly learn, improve and grow personally. The question you always ask yourself is: What do we need to do to bring our engineers, the team, the community to the next level?
ABOUT YOUR JOB
- As part of our People Team, you are not only in charge of one single area of competence. Instead you take over end-to-end responsibility for the employee life cycle of our members. You actively participate and shape all crucial People topics involving People Development, Performance Management, Strategic People Partner and more.
- You continuously develop our learning & development strategy. You work closely with our Management Team and Team Leads.
- You design and implement trainings and other effective people development measures that align with the needs and goals of our company (e.g. on communication, leadership, team development, etc.). You help to get our engineers out of their "comfort zone" and give them the chance to grow beyond themselves.
- You act as a People Partner and Coach for our members. You provide sparring, guidance and support to our Team Leads and help them grow their leadership skills and develop team-building strategies.
- You proactively develop our portfolio as People team further. You bring in your ideas, drive them forward and take over end-to-end responsibility for strategic projects (e.g. career paths, compensation) to help build our future organization.
- You have an excellent university degree in the field of psychology, education, experimental anthropology or business and can demonstrate relevant professional experience in the field of learning and development, e.g. as a Trainer, Systemic Coach.
- Ideally but not necessarily you already gained experiences as a HR Manager or Strategic Business Partner.
- You have profound knowledge and experience with designing, implementing and moderating various training and workshop formats.
- You have excellent communication/presentation skills both verbal and written. You have the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization (company language is English). You are inspiring, assertive and present yourself confidently in front of a group.
- You proactively and independently drive your topics. You take over responsibility to make decisions and move your topic forward.
- You can always rely on your excellent organizational skills that enable you to handle multiple projects simultaneously. A highly dynamic and fast moving work environment motivates you.
- You are empathetic, can put yourself in the shoes of your colleagues and understand their concerns. Through your practical experience, you have tools and methods at hand to coach and support your colleagues in mastering their challenges.
- You are willing to learn something new every day and improve continuously. You have the talent to turn challenging situations into positive and constructive learning experiences for yourself and others.
- You are honest and have a sense of humor. You don't want just any job, but you want to make a difference with your ideas and your skills.
ABOUT OUR COMMUNITY
Over 85% of our colleagues are engineers with excellent university degrees in computer science, mathematics or physics. A compact commercial team accompanies the software development by effectively managing all commercial processes around our projects.
Our open office is located in the heart of Hamburg in the middle of St. Pauli. The central meeting point is 6Fwd - our social area with a panoramic view over Hamburg. This is where our events like HackerTalks, RPG and poker nights or jam sessions take place. And of course our legendary barbecue parties and culture nights.
WANT TO JOIN US?
Send us your complete application (CV and references) via our applicant portal. If you have any questions about your application or the application process, please contact Lena Oechtering personally at +49 40/890584-0.