Engineering – Sales & Payments /
Fresha is the only subscription-free appointment booking software for beauty and wellness businesses.
Available in 120+ countries worldwide, used by 100,000+ businesses and 450,000+ professionals worldwide. Over 800 million appointments have been booked through Fresha to date.
Salon, barbershop and beauty professionals can use the platform to manage their entire operations with intuitive software and financial technology solutions. Fresha has zero monthly fees with optional paid features, including card payment processing.
The Fresha ecosystem gives beauty and wellness professionals everything they need to run their businesses seamlessly by facilitating appointment bookings, point-of-sale, customer records management, marketing automation, loyalty, product inventory, and team management, all in one place.
Fresha also allows consumers to discover, book and pay for beauty and wellness appointments with local businesses via its marketplace.
Fresha is headquartered in London, United Kingdom, with global offices in New York City, Vancouver, Sydney, Dublin, Amsterdam, and Warsaw. The company raised $185M in venture capital funding to date from leading institutional investors
Given our exciting and progressive growth plans, we are looking for an exceptional hands-on Engineering Manager to join our global business.
Reporting directly to the Head of Engineering, and collaborating closely with Product Managers, you will be accountable for the technical vision, strategy, planning and coordination of engineering projects at Fresha while proactively managing technical risks.
Your role will play a pivotal part in driving the development of our product and internal developers, emphasising the achievement of high engineering efficiency to support our current engineering growth plans.
This position offers a great opportunity for someone who thrives in a fast-paced and changing environment, enjoys working autonomously, relishes challenges, and seeks to make a significant impact.
Team Management and Support:
- Set ambitious yet achievable goals for the engineering team, maintaining high-tech standards and objectives.
- Ensure the team has a clear understanding of their responsibilities and expectations.
- Mentor and provide technical guidance, drawing from your deep system design and coding expertise.
- Facilitate continuous learning and improvement for your team.
- Make sure your team follows our engineering practices by leading from the front.
- Recognising and making trade-offs with respect to the whole system.
Priorities and Process:
- Collaborate with team members to identify and address process inefficiencies by leveraging your experience in making architectural and design decisions.
- Ensure timely delivery of your team’s projects, which will ultimately have a tangible impact on Fresha’s success.
- Primarily acting as a multiplier by jumping in, and coding to fix bugs and issues that will help move the team forward.
- You understand deeply the entire architecture for a major part of the business and you’re able to articulate clearly the scaling and reliability limits of that area.
Additional and Ad-Hoc Duties:
- Assist in interviewing, hiring, and training employees, ensuring they meet the engineering quality standards you uphold.
- Track and analyse performance metrics for the team and your functional area.
- Support the Head of Engineering in executing ad-hoc projects, drawing from your experience in anticipating technical issues and making strategic technology decisions.
Skills, experience & qualifications required.
- This is a part technical role, hands-on coding is expected 40% of the time
- Proven experience in system design, coding, and architecture, with a track record of successfully delivering large systems in multiple languages.
- Skilled in identifying and addressing process inefficiencies, leveraging technical expertise to drive improvements.
- You’ve had to quickly break down complex problems into potential solutions, knowns and unknowns in order to get a solid resolution faster.
- You have created an architecture that enables many potential futures without knowing what the future is.
- Hybrid work (4 days in the office per week)
- Flexi-time (around core hours)
- Competitive salaries & RSUs
- Pension plan (5% self + 3% company contribution)
- 25 days PTO
- Weekly office lunches (Fridays)
- Travel coverage when visiting teammates - through workshops and social events
£80,000 - £135,000 a year
At Fresha, we are creating a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable.
We want all Fresha people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals. Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment.
We do not discriminate based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
If you have any accessibility requirements that would make you more comfortable during the interview process and/or once you join, please let us know so that we can support you.
If we don't respond to your application within 7 days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful