Senior Frontend Engineer
Email is the universal communication tool for work. It’s where you discuss work, answer questions, and talk to all of your customers, vendors, and partners. But email wasn’t made for business and hasn’t evolved to help you work with a team. So you’re dropping the ball, missing important context, and relying on many siloed apps that make you less productive as a whole.
With more than 5,000 customers and $79 million in funding from Sequoia, Threshold (formerly DFJ), and others, Front is reinventing the inbox so people can accomplish more together. We’ve created one place where you communicate internally and externally, gain context about customers and projects, and access all your other tools so you can be more efficient, more fulfilled, and ultimately happier at work.
Front is a complex app with high performance requirements: some of our teams involve hundreds of users working together in real-time on thousands of messages every day. To meet those requirements, we use modern tools like React, Redux, Styled Components, and Webpack. We’re looking for an experienced frontend engineer based in San Francisco who is comfortable working with those tools to deliver key product improvements and new features.
What will you be doing?
- Own central, complex components of the Front application
- Drive and deliver on our product roadmap (frontapp.com/roadmap), turning rough specs into features
- Ramp on new web technologies that will make Front better
- Find elegant solutions to usability problems
- Provide leadership and mentorship to other engineers on the team
What skills and experience do you need?
- 5+ years of industry experience building fast, reliable, real-time web-based applications
- Knowledgeable about modern web technologies and excited to learn new ones, e.g. React, ES6, Babel, Electron
- Product minded: committed to building the best user experience
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative, and high-growth environment
- Understand the trade-offs in employing different engineering solutions to a problem, valuing pragmatism over idealism
- Experience with complex front-end projects such as migrating a mature app from AngularJS to React
Front provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.