Email is the universal communication tool for work. It’s where you discuss work, answer questions, and talk to all of your customers, vendors, and partners. But email wasn’t made for business and hasn’t evolved to help you work with a team. So you’re dropping the ball, missing important context, and relying on many siloed apps that make you less productive as a whole.
With more than 5,000 customers and $79 million in funding from Sequoia, DFJ and others, Front is reinventing the inbox so people can accomplish more together. We’ve created one place where you communicate internally and externally, gain context about customers and projects, and access all your other tools so you can be more efficient, more fulfilled, and ultimately happier at work.
We are looking for an experienced, hands-on Engineering Manager to manage our full-stack engineering team in Paris. Your team is a high-caliber, fast moving team that owns key parts of the Front product. To be successful in this role, you will manage an existing team of talented engineers to deliver on an ambitious roadmap, and be able to scale this team by attracting and hiring talented engineers and obsessing about making the team and their processes scale efficiently. This is also a very collaborative role where you will interface with other engineering managers in other locations.
What will you be doing?
- Drive and deliver on our product roadmap (frontapp.com/roadmap), working with your team to turn 1-pager specs into features
- Obsess about the architectural design, implantation and quality of the product and the work your team produces.
- Grow and scale your team.
- Lead the next features of Front-Chat
- Architect and lead development of the next version of our analytics product
- Mentorship (20% of your time)
What skills and experience do you need?
- Full professional English proficiency
- Product mindset – we’re a product company
- Strong track record of launching and delivering projects of significant complexity and high level of ambiguity
- Understand the trade-offs in employing different engineering solutions to a problem, valuing pragmatism over idealism
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative, and high-growth environment
- Experience in node.js, Angular or React
- Experience running services on AWS
Front provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.