Back-end engineer / Site Reliability Engineer
Paris, France /
Front is a hub for customer communication that allows companies to offer tailor-made service at scale. Front looks and feels like your email inbox with a few very important differences: teammates collaborate in the same place where external messages are sent and received, and behind the scenes, robust workflows and integrations power the efficiency and insights typically found in a CRM. More than 6,500 businesses use Front to work together to send out the best replies faster, keep messages organized across channels, and always maintain a personal touch. The result is premier, personalized service that scales with your business — and a team that works together as one.
With $138M in funding, Front is backed by Sequoia Capital, and other leading venture capital firms, as well as independent investors including top executives of Atlassian, Okta, Qualtrics, and Zoom. Front was recently named to Forbes Best Startup Employers 2022 List and Y Combinator's list of Top Companies in 2022. We have also been recognized on Wealthfront’s Career-Launching Companies in 2021.
We’re looking for an experienced engineer to be part of our SRE team at Front, supporting a growing infrastructure, both in terms of number of customers as well as in customer’s size. This is a unique opportunity to define how and which tools the team will build and use, in order to scale the team as we continue to grow.
Not only the number of companies using our product is increasing but also the number of users is expanding within each company which means for us :
- Running over a hundred services on more than 10,000 Kubernetes pods at peak traffic
- Managing over 1PB of email data, doubling every 6 months
- 6.9M emails processed each day(inbounds+outbounds)
- 2.3M for other channels
What will you be doing?
- Own our logging, monitoring, and observability systems
- Own our on-call program, defining best practices for incident resolution and postmortems
- Partner with software and infrastructure engineering teams to define metrics and SLOs
- Build infrastructure automation tooling
- Partner with on-call to debug and resolve production issues
What skills and experience do you need?
- Customer mindset first: We are a product focused company with an emphasis on the customer.
- Proficiency in a high-level language: NodeJS, Java, Python, Go…
- Willingness to partner with product teams and work in the backend codebase written in NodeJS/Typescript
- Understand the trade-offs in employing different engineering solutions to a problem, valuing pragmatism over idealism.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative, and high-growth environment
- Full professional English proficiency
- Knowledge on SRE concepts(SLOs, SLAs, TTR…)
- Knowledge of one Cloud Computing platform(AWS, GCP, Azure, Openstack…)
- Experience with k8s and Terraform
What we offer
✨ Competitive salary
🤝 Equity (we are post-series C & backed by some of the best VCs in the US)
🏥 Private health insurance fully covered by Front
💪 Flexible Fridays - learn more here!
🏡 Flexibility to work from home 3 days/week (unless posted as a full-remote role)
🛋 Mental health support with Modern Health
🍼 Family planning support with Maven
Front provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.