Head of Expansion
San Francisco, CA
Email is the universal communication tool for work. It’s where you discuss work, answer questions, and talk to all of your customers, vendors, and partners. But email wasn’t made for business and hasn’t evolved to help you work with a team. So you’re dropping the ball, missing important context, and relying on many siloed apps that make you less productive as a whole.
With more than 5,000 customers and $138 million in funding from Sequoia, Threshold (formerly DFJ), and executives from Atlassian, Okta, Qualtrics, and Zoom, Front is reinventing the inbox so people can accomplish more together. We’ve created one place where you communicate internally and externally, gain context about customers and projects, and access all your other tools so you can be more efficient, more fulfilled, and ultimately happier at work.
Expansion and Net Retention is what sets Front apart. We are already achieving world-class performance as Expansion accounts for 40% of our net new revenue quarterly and we’re just getting started.
We’re looking for an experienced sales leader to drive customer expansion, plan-type upgrades and new product attachment within Front’s customer base. You will be joining a team of people who are smart, organized, thorough, and take pride in solving new problems and delivering more value to customers. As the Head of Expansion, you will lead a team of Account Managers working across all customer segments to discover new needs and match them with Front solutions. This is a key role in not only taking new products to market through our install base, but in being a lynchpin in the feedback circuit to Product and Engineering on what Front should build next for our customers.
You will work with customers, train AMs, and work cross-functionally with Marketing, Product, Solutions Engineering and Customer Success to meet revenue targets. You will develop playbooks that are effective globally by also working with our team in Paris serving the EMEA marketplace.
What will you be doing?
- Provide direct leadership for Account Managers by overseeing daily activities and quota performance management in order to consistently meet/exceed individual and team goals
- Work cross functionally with Marketing, Product, Solutions Engineering and Customer Success to take new products to the install base
- Recruit the next wave of Account Managers as we are doubling the size of the team in 2020
- Establish best practices, write/run the playbook for how to effectively expand Front’s usage to new teams and pair additional products to new use cases within existing deployments
- Work to share best practice with global post-sales teams by providing coaching and mentorship, and incorporating unique needs across all markets
- Develop and implement new sales initiatives, strategies and programs to help increase your team's productivity
- Develop strong social and relationship based selling strategies and training for new and existing Account Managers
- Assist the team with closing business and driving revenue by coaching and constantly striving to be better
- Inspire and motivate employees on a daily basis and bring innovation to the post-sales process to accelerate our adoption and wallet-share with customers
What skills and experience do you need?
- 5+ years managing account people (post-sales preferred, new business a plus) selling a SaaS solution
- Experience building career development programs for high performing individual contributors
- Prior experience of developing strategy and meeting goals for attach rates of new products with the install base
- Salesforce and systems knowledge
- Proven track record of being a top performer by consistently exceeding quota and outlined metrics
- Excellent project management skills
- Self-motivated; entrepreneurial spirit
- You find it second-nature working in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (verbal & written)
- Aptitude to learn technical concepts/terms
- Bachelor’s degree required
Front provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.