San Francisco, CA
Email is the universal communication tool for work. It’s where you discuss work, answer questions, and talk to all of your customers, vendors, and partners. But email wasn’t designed for business and hasn’t evolved with the way you work with a team. So you’re dropping the ball, missing important context, and relying on dozens of siloed apps just to get the job done.
With more than 5,000 customers Front is reinventing the inbox so people can accomplish more together. We’ve created one place where you communicate internally and externally, gain context about customers and projects, and access all your other tools so you can be more efficient, more fulfilled, and ultimately happier at work.
We’re looking for an Art Director to own and evolve Front’s brand. You'll play a key role in shaping every aspect of how the world experiences our brand and collaborate closely with Marketing, Sales, and Product teams to bring our message of working happier to the world.
What you'll do:
- Lead and mentor a small team of designers, writers, creatives, videographers, storytellers, and agency partners in defining and then amplifying our story
- Work with Design and Marketing leadership to define, evolve, and maintain Front’s brand identity across marketing and product surfaces
- Help in recruiting and building a world class Brand team
- Deeply understand our audiences to effectively communicate how Front can solve their needs
- Direct (and contribute to) the visual design of brand assets across our website, emails, videos, social ads, print collateral, and events
- Effectively present and articulate your creative rationale to stakeholders and executives
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years directing teams with a track record of shipping inspiring, well-crafted work across mediums—print, web, mobile, video, audio
- Taste. You have a strong editorial eye and know how to push for compelling visuals to tell a story.
- Attention to detail. You get energy from perfection and have a track record of shipping stunning creative work.
- Master storyteller. You know how to develop a compelling narrative for a wide-range of audiences.
- Expertise in craft across photography, illustration, typography, video, audio, and motion
- Ability to manage and direct multiple projects at once, while setting appropriate expectations and meeting realistic deadlines
- Collaborative approach to design that includes partnerships with Creatives, Marketers, and Product teams
Front provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.