Senior Frontend Engineer - Remote Europe
Front is a hub for customer communication that allows companies to offer tailor-made service at scale. Front looks and feels like your email inbox with a few very important differences: teammates collaborate in the same place where external messages are sent and received, and behind the scenes, robust workflows and integrations power the efficiency and insights typically found in a CRM. More than 6,500 businesses use Front to work together to send out the best replies faster, keep messages organized across channels, and always maintain a personal touch. The result is premier, personalized service that scales with your business — and a team that works together as one.
With $138M in funding, Front is backed by Sequoia Capital, and other leading venture capital firms, as well as independent investors including top executives of Atlassian, Okta, Qualtrics, and Zoom. Front was recently named to Forbes Best Startup Employers 2022 List, Inc. Magazine's 2022 Best Workplaces list, and Y Combinator's list of Top Companies in 2022. We have also been recognized on Wealthfront’s Career-Launching Companies in 2021.
Front is a complex app with high performance requirements: some of our teams involve hundreds of users working together in real-time on thousands of messages every day. To meet those requirements, we use modern tools like React, Redux, Styled Components, and TypeScript. We’re looking for an experienced frontend engineer based in Europe who’s comfortable working with those tools to deliver key product improvements and new features.
We are able to hire remotely in France, the UK, Ireland, and Poland.
What will you be doing?
- Own central, complex components of the Front application
- Drive and deliver on our product roadmap, turning rough specs into features
- Ramp on new web technologies that will make Front better
- Find elegant solutions to usability problems
- Provide leadership and mentorship to other engineers on the team
What skills and experience do you need?
- 5+ years of industry experience building fast, reliable, real-time web-based applications
- Knowledgeable about modern web technologies and excited to learn new ones
- Product minded: committed to building the best user experience
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative, and high-growth environment
- Understand the trade-offs in employing different engineering solutions to a problem, valuing pragmatism over idealism
- Full professional English proficiency
Front provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.