San Francisco, CA
Email is the universal communication tool for work. It’s where you discuss work, answer questions, and talk to all of your customers, vendors, and partners. But email wasn’t designed for business and hasn’t evolved with the way you work with a team. So you’re dropping the ball, missing important context, and relying on dozens of siloed apps just to get the job done.
With more than 5,000 customers Front is reinventing the inbox so people can accomplish more together. We’ve created one place where you communicate internally and externally, gain context about customers and projects, and access all your other tools so you can be more efficient, more fulfilled, and ultimately happier at work.
We’re looking for our first Design Researcher to guide us in bringing our users' needs to the forefront of how we design Front. You will play a key role in shaping every aspect of how we better connect with our users from surveys, to formative research studies, to tactical usability research -- helping us better the current experience of Front while simultaneously guiding us into the future.
What you'll do:
- Identify research needs in partnership with the Product team
- Define research processes and enable others to successfully bring research into their own projects, even if you aren’t directly involved
- Design and facilitate studies across important product areas, using methods such as ethnographic/field research, diary studies, surveys, user/usability testing, ideation workshops, and any other methods you find impactful
- Analyze research insights and present findings and recommendations to key stakeholders
- Work with Design, Data Science, and Marketing leadership to define, evolve, and maintain Front’s research practice and insights library
- Deeply understand our audiences to effectively communicate how Front can solve their needs
- Effectively present and articulate your rationale to stakeholders and executives
What we're looking for:
- 4+ years of experience with Product organizations conducting ux research studies including both qualitative and quantitative methods
- Experience in applying a diverse toolkit of research methodologies
- Proven track record of teaching other disciplines about the process and value of research
- Experience in taking the lead and defining research needs for broad or ambiguous product areas
- Advocacy for research insights and examples of insights that lead to shipped product experiences
- Collaborative approach to research that involves cross functional partners in Design, Data Science, Engineering, Product, and Marketing
Front provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.