Controller / Sr. Accounting Manager
San Francisco, CA
Email is the universal communication tool for work. It’s where you discuss work, answer questions, and talk to all of your customers, vendors, and partners. But email wasn’t made for business and hasn’t evolved with the way you work with a team. So you’re dropping the ball, missing important context, and relying on many siloed apps that make you less productive as a whole.
With more than 4,500 customers and $79 million in funding from Sequoia, DFJ and others, Front is reinventing the inbox so people can accomplish more together. We’ve created one place where you communicate internally and externally, gain context about customers and projects, and access all your other tools so you can be more efficient, more fulfilled, and ultimately happier at work.
The Finance and Accounting team supports the operational and strategic decision-making process by maintaining the integrity of our financial numbers to provide insight into how the company performs and develops. As the first full-time Accounting hire, the Accounting Manager will have the opportunity to lay the foundations of our accounting processes and infrastructure that will help the business to scale effectively.
What will you be doing?
- Lead and manage the accounting close process every month with support from existing outsourced accounting firm, including full revenue recognition process, journal entry and account reconciliations
- Generate and ensure the accuracy of financial statements
- Manage day-to-day accounting operations and financial transactions
- Ensure company is compliant with financial reporting requirements
- Develop and enforce accounting policies and procedures as well as internal controls
What skills and experience do you need?
- 5+ years of accounting experience, preferably with 2+ years in a high growth SaaS environment
- CPA required
- Strong knowledge of revenue recognition
- Knowledge of ASC 606 with experience implementing 606
- Experience managing AP / AR and a deal desk
- Have conducted an accounting audit
- Experience using NetSuite is strongly preferred, SQL skills are a plus
- Sharp attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment