Senior Design Researcher
San Francisco, CA /
Email is the universal communication tool for work. It’s where you discuss work, answer questions, and talk to all of your customers, vendors, and partners. But email wasn’t designed for business and hasn’t evolved with the way you work with a team. So you’re dropping the ball, missing important context, and relying on dozens of siloed apps just to get the job done.
With more than 6,000 customers Front is reinventing the inbox so people can accomplish more together. We’ve created one place where you communicate internally and externally, gain context about customers and projects, and access all your other tools so you can be more efficient, more fulfilled, and ultimately happier at work.
With $138M in funding, Front is backed by Sequoia Capital, and other leading venture capital firms, as well as independent investors including top executives of Atlassian, Okta, Qualtrics, and Zoom. Front was recently named to the Forbes Cloud 100 2020, the definitive list of the top software companies in the world. We have also been recognized on LinkedIn’s 2020 Top Startups, Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups 2019, The New York Times’ The Next Wave of ‘Unicorn’ Start-Ups, Fortune’s Best Small Workplaces, and Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
We’re looking for a Senior Design Researcher to guide us in bringing our users’ needs to the forefront of how we design Front. You will play a key role in shaping every aspect of how we better connect with our users from surveys, to formative research studies, to tactical usability research. You’ll help us better our current product experience while guiding us into the future.
What you'll do:
- Identify research needs in partnership with the Product team
- Partner closely with designers and product managers to help them successfully execute their own research
- Design and facilitate multi-method studies across important product areas, using methods such as ethnographic/field research, diary studies, surveys, user/usability testing, ideation workshops, and any other methods you find impactful
- Analyze research insights and present findings and recommendations to key stakeholders
- Deeply understand our audiences to effectively communicate how Front can address their needs
- Effectively present and articulate your rationale to stakeholders and executives
- Work with other research-related functions such as marketing, data science, and analytics to triangulate and contextualize user research findings
What we're looking for:
- 4-6 years of experience with Product organizations conducting UX research using both qualitative and quantitative methods
- Experience applying a diverse toolkit of research methodologies
- Experience with SaaS, B2B or other complex technical systems a plus
- Experience implementing UX health metrics via benchmarking, survey design, and longitudinal tracking
- Proven track record of teaching other disciplines about the process and value of research
- Experience taking the lead and defining research needs for broad or ambiguous product areas
- Advocacy for research insights and examples of insights that led to shipped product experiences
Front provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.