Senior Security Engineer
San Francisco, CA /
Email is the universal communication tool for work. It’s where you discuss work, answer questions, and talk to all of your customers, vendors, and partners. But email wasn’t designed for business and hasn’t evolved with the way you work with a team. So you’re dropping the ball, missing important context, and relying on dozens of siloed apps just to get the job done.
With more than 6,000 customers Front is reinventing the inbox so people can accomplish more together. We’ve created one place where you communicate internally and externally, gain context about customers and projects, and access all your other tools so you can be more efficient, more fulfilled, and ultimately happier at work.
Front was featured in Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups 2019, The New York Times’ The Next Wave of ‘Unicorn’ Start-Ups, Zapier’s Apps at Work Report: The Fastest Growing Apps of 2019, the Bay Area’s Great Places to Work, and of course Glassdoor.
We are looking for an experienced security engineer to help build, manage, and scale Front’s security programs.
What will you be doing?
- Own and drive Front’s security roadmap
- Develop and maintain our security compliance and certification programs
- Partner with other teams at Front to constantly improve our defensive model
- Manage our bug bounty program
- Perform security assessments on web applications, mobile clients, and architectural designs
- Implement and maintain intrusion detection, continuous security monitoring and risk assessment for our cloud infrastructure
- Create and maintain secure development practices
- Communicate security risks to stakeholders and engineers
What skills and experience do you need?
- Solid understanding of threat modeling, web security vulnerabilities, as well as their mitigation
- Strong track record of launching and delivering projects of significant complexity and high level of ambiguity
- Experience designing and building highly available, large-scale distributed systems
- Strong understanding of core internet technologies (e.g. TCP/IP)
- Solid understanding of web and mobile application architecture
- Experience with AWS technologies
Front provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.