Senior Security Engineer
San Francisco, CA /
Front is a hub for customer communication that allows companies to offer tailor-made service at scale. Front looks and feels like your email inbox with a few very important differences: teammates collaborate in the same place where external messages are sent and received, and behind the scenes, robust workflows and integrations power the efficiency and insights typically found in a CRM. More than 6,500 businesses use Front to work together to send out the best replies faster, keep messages organized across channels, and always maintain a personal touch. The result is premier, personalized service that scales with your business — and a team that works together as one.
With $138M in funding, Front is backed by Sequoia Capital, and other leading venture capital firms, as well as independent investors including top executives of Atlassian, Okta, Qualtrics, and Zoom. Front was recently named to Wealthfront’s Career-Launching Companies in 2021 and Forbes Cloud 100 2020, the definitive list of the top software companies in the world. We have also been recognized on LinkedIn’s 2020 Top Startups, The New York Times’ The Next Wave of‘Unicorn’ Start-Ups, Fortune’s Best Small Workplaces, and Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
We are looking for an experienced security engineer to help build, manage, and scale Front’s security programs.
What will you be doing?
- Own and drive Front’s security roadmap
- Develop and maintain our security compliance and certification programs
- Partner with other teams at Front to constantly improve our defensive model
- Manage our bug bounty program
- Perform security assessments on web applications, mobile clients, and architectural designs
- Implement and maintain intrusion detection, continuous security monitoring and risk assessment for our cloud infrastructure
- Create and maintain secure development practices
- Communicate security risks to stakeholders and engineers
What skills and experience do you need?
- Solid understanding of threat modeling, web security vulnerabilities, as well as their mitigation
- Strong track record of launching and delivering projects of significant complexity and high level of ambiguity
- Experience designing and building highly available, large-scale distributed systems
- Strong understanding of core internet technologies (e.g. TCP/IP)
- Solid understanding of web and mobile application architecture
- Experience with AWS technologies
Front provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.